Calling all Moorhead area business advocates! Join us on April 28-29 for an in person Moorhead Area Chamber Day at the Capitol in St. Paul. We are excited to convene area business and community leaders for a fun and impactful trip to St. Paul! It is critical for our region have strong representation at the Capitol in order to move our area’s legislative priorities across the finish line. We encourage you to join us, using your voice to advocate for business.
Our delegation of business attendees will have the chance to meet with our District 4 legislators, committee chairs, key legislators and executive branch members. Additionally, Primacy Strategy Group, The Chamber’s government affairs consultants, as well as a US Chamber representative, will provide legislative briefings on the top business issues facing our region including workforce funding, unemployment trust fund, taxes, flood protection, bonding bill, local government aid, and more.
The Chamber is currently coordinating meetings with:
• Governor Walz
• Representative Paul Marquart (DFL-Dilworth), House Taxes Committee Chair (and your local legislator)
• Senator Tom Bakk (I-Cook), Senate Capital Investment Committee
• Senator Sandy Pappas (DFL-St. Paul), Senate Capital Investment Committee Ranking Member
• Representative Fue Lee (DFL-Minneapolis), House Capital Investment Committee Chair
• Representative Dean Urdahl (R-Grove City), House Capital Investment Committee Ranking Member
• Representative Mohamud Noor (DFL-Minneapolis), House Workforce and Business Development Chair
This event is open to all business advocates. Thursday’s lunch and dinner are included in attendee cost. Travel and lodging are not included, however we suggest staying at the Intercontinental Hotel
in St. Paul.