Member Info & Benefits
Your FMWF Chamber
Your Chamber membership is an investment in you, your employees, your business and your community. You are investing in the future of the entire region, supporting growth and progress, staying informed and involved with issues that affect our region and your business, and you are developing future leaders. It means you are on a growing team of the biggest organizations, along with the small businesses that are the backbone of our community, to become a force working for the greater good of the FMWF region.
When you invest in a membership, all of your employees also become members. This means your entire team can start connecting, growing, participating, and enjoying our benefits.
Your investment and support enable us to work on your behalf, offer high-quality events and dynamic programs, and accomplish our strategic objectives. We are proud to advocate for you, ensure positive growth for our region and prosperity for all, and help you do business better.
We offer numerous benefits for both the organization and the employee. From intangible benefits such as representation and advocacy, to resources, events and networking, down to items such as discounts, deals, training and marketing materials. There are many ways we are ready and able to help you.
Have any questions? We'd love to hear from you! Contact Abby Furchner at email@example.com.
Membership Opportunities 2022-23
Benefits for businesses
Benefits for your business
There are numerous benefits you receive from your Chamber membership. Just some of them are listed below. Most importantly, it’s an investment in you, your employees, your business and your community. Membership gets you access to a group of professionals and resources that can help take you to the next level. And you can rest assured knowing that we’re working for you.
Click the '...more' tab to see some of the great benefits.
- Be a part of a strong network of other businesses working for the betterment of our region
- Get access to specific product and service discounts to help your business
- Send your staff to trainings and networking events for their professional development
- Ask us for help and resources pertaining to legislative or policy issues
- Receive members-only communication and information, including a monthly print newsletter, weekly e-newsletter, Directory, Public Policy Guide, metro map and more
- Receive special marketing opportunities (including some FREE exposure*)
- Host a booth at Business After Hours
- Publish your employee or company news in The Bridge
- Share your events on our community calendar
- Add Job Postings through your Member Information Center when logged in
- Share your hot deals or coupons with other Chamber members and their employees
- Receive deals and coupons for you and your employees from other members
- Hold ribbon cutting events with our ambassadors to celebrate company milestones
- Receive business referrals when we get inquiries from visitors or residents
- Receive a window cling to publicly display your support of The Chamber and community to become a trusted business
Marketing and Advertising
Marketing and advertising opportunities
Strategically market your organization to regional business leaders and the community at large through advertising, Chamber referrals, sponsorship, social media, news and more.
Click the '...more' tab to see more details.
Click the 'New member ad specials' to see some great opportunities.
- Advertise: The Chamber has an array of advertising options for members to choose from. Strategically market your organization to regional business leaders, decisionmakers and members who believe in supporting one another. No matter what your price range, we’ll help you find the best avenue to reach the business community.
- Referrals: Each year, The Chamber responds to more than 15,000 inquiries regarding the metropolitan community and the businesses that serve it. We refer member businesses to the hundreds of people who call our office and the thousands of people who visit our online business directory each month. We use Chamber members first, and think you should too.
- Sponsor: Your company's corporate sponsorship of a Chamber event is win-win: your support enables the Chamber to offer a greater number of quality programs and special events, while your business benefits from increased exposure as an active participant in the advancement of this area's business community. Contact Darren at 218.359.0514 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deals: Share your discounts and get deals from other members through your account.
- News: Publish your new hires, promotions, and exciting company news in our newsletter! Submit your news (for FREE!) here.
- Articles: Know of a great business you think others should know about? Does your company have a unique story that needs to be shared? Tell us about it to be in consideration for a member spotlight in The Bridge.
- Social media: Want us to share something on social media? Tweet at us (@fmwfchamber) and use hashtag #FMWFMembers.
Immediate new member ad benefits
Member Ad Specials
Some of our media partners have graciously offered free or discounted advertising just for Chamber members. See what deals are currently available below! These benefits are made possible by our local media Chamber members.
These ad specials cannot be used for political candidate or endorsements of any kind.
Area Woman Magazine
- Contact: Jon-Michael Sherman, 701-306-1288, email@example.com
- Contact: Taylor Danielson, iDIGITAL, 701.552.6611, firstname.lastname@example.org
- New member special: 35% off any 3-month package
- Existing member special: 20% off any 3-month package
- Contact: Stu Stockmoe, Monitor Marketing, 701.365.0406, email@example.com
- New member special: 50% off 1 month coupons or banner ads or one showcase email promotion, and 20% off a daily deal ad campaign
- Existing member special: 20% off any advertising package
- Contact: Stu Stockmoe, SaveCoin, 701.365.0406, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact: Spotlight Media, 701.478.7768, email@example.com
What exactly does The Chamber do?
Explore what The Chamber does, the people involved, and the impact we can make together
Connect with us on social media!
Benefits for individuals & employees
- Gain access to community leaders and your peers and make meaningful connections
- Gain access to The Chamber's signature and monthly events
- Participate in any of our programs and professional development opportunities
- Serve on any Chamber committee that interests you
- Participate in special legislative forums
- Receive members-only newsletters and Chamber communication
- Receive a discount on insurance through auto owners or AAA
- Receive prescription savings
- Use our business services such as a certificate of origin or purchase mailing labels
Public Policy and Advocacy
We take our work in public policy and advocacy seriously, and we believe it’s one of the best benefits of your membership.
A collective voice matters through an association like a chamber matters because we can do more together. With your support, we can work for you, for the community. We know that a strong business climate is essential for economic growth and prosperity as a region. Our public policy staff and committee monitors key legislative issues and works with elected officials to influence policies that are beneficial for our membership.
More about ...
Member Spotlight Video Series
This is where we shine a light on local business, celebrate, and learn more about our members in the community. Watch these videos to hear the great things happening around our metro, and what your fellow Chamber members are up to.
See all episodes
What support means to us
Supporting our members and the business environment is a priority for us. What exactly does that mean and how do we demonstrate that? Here are just a few examples of what we do to work for you.
- We work to bring in the brightest local and national speakers and thought-leaders so you can learn from the best
- Our public policy staff and committee monitors key legislative issues and works with elected officials to influence policies that are beneficial for our membership
- Our membership team is constantly evaluating our benefits and offers so you get the most from your investment
- Ambassadors are assigned to members as needed within their first months of membership to assist with their first two years of membership, and can be a point of contact for questions and support.
- We connect entrepreneurs and small business staff to resources that can make working in a small team just a bit easier
- Our programs, such as Leadership FMWF, train developing leaders through targeted networking, talks and hands-on projects
- We collaborate with other area organizations to leverage our expertise and work together on large community issues
- Our senior staff regularly meets with key industry leaders to monitor trends and support their businesses (for example, we’ve been at the table in meetings with airline officials to keep our local air service in operation and wrote letters of support to Congress)
- We offer opportunities to connect every level of business professional, from students to YPs to seasoned business leaders
- We work to educate the community on issues they might not be aware of otherwise through partnerships with local media and our own channels of communication
- Special events educate on matters like tax reform law, fraud prevention and even candidate forums during election seasons
We take our work in advocacy and public policy seriously, and we believe it’s one of the best benefits of your membership.
A collective voice matters through an association like a chamber matters because we can do more together. With your support, we can work for you, for the community. We know that a strong business climate is essential for economic growth and prosperity as a region.
What are businesses saying about their Chamber membership?
“By being listed in The Chamber’s online membership directory, and linking back to my website, my local SEO has gone up without me paying for Google Adwords. Being a member helps my brand and my visibility to new clients! Thanks to The Chamber, my last two clients searched for graphic design in Fargo, and chose me.”
– Sue Skavlem, Skavlem Designs
“I’m a newbie to the chamber community, and the first impression of the chamber team, website, ambassadors and events has been phenomenal. Chamber 101 was content rich, and was especially helpful in getting acclimated to the features and benefits of the chamber site. Business After Hours was a fun way to make connections while enjoying some great food. Shortly after joining, I had lunch with my ambassador, and he helped fill in the knowledge gaps I still had regarding the chamber. All the way around, it’s been a great first month, and I’m looking forward to being part of the chamber community!”
– Matt Nagel, Regional Sales Manager, Health Partners
“The Chamber gives me the opportunity to stay plugged into what is happening in the business community, and it’s a valuable vehicle to foster a network. It keeps me connected.”
– Gregory Wald, Moore Engineering, Inc.
“The Chamber has helped me grow my network in Fargo-Moorhead. It really made being in town for school to being in town as a professional a nice transition. I love being involved with The Chamber!”
– Erica Johnsrud, Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Red River Valley
“I like the fact that we are part of an organization that is trying to make our community better each and every day by not only making our current business community better, but by working to bring new business and people to our community, which helps us all.”
– Dan Martinson, Fargo Glass & Paint Co.