An extension of The Chamber’s public policy efforts, the Agribusiness committee serves as a collective voice of businesses and leaders to represent agriculture as a key industry in the metro and Red River Valley. The group advocates at all levels of government when needed and educates to spread awareness of the impact of agriculture throughout the region.
The group invites in experts, leaders and elected officials to discuss ag policy and issues, attends events including Big Iron, and helps plan key Chamber events to represent the agribusiness industry.
Recent Agribusiness meeting speaker and topics included:
- Joe Heilman, Intelligent Agriculture Solutions
- Dr. Rex Sun, NDSU’s Program for Precision Agriculture
- Duane DeKrey, Red River Valley Water Supply Project
- Tom Slunecka, Agriculture Innovation Campus
- Daryl Ritchison, North Dakota Agricultural Weather Network
We have a number of great speakers and opportunities planned for future committee meetings. If you are interested in getting involved by joining the committee, contact Mason Rademacher at firstname.lastname@example.org.