Fargo is much more than a Coen brothers movie with funny accents and a woodchipper (though we do have those here!). Our metro is thriving, and each city brings a host of qualities and experiences for residents and visitors alike. We’ve got one of the nation’s lowest unemployment rates and a stable economy. Couple that with a low cost of living, high quality of life, safe neighborhoods, clean air and a thriving local community and you’ll soon realize that Fargo Moorhead West Fargo truly is an exceptional place to live, work and do business.
In the News
The Fargo Moorhead West Fargo community continues to receive recognition nationwide for its high quality of life and standard of living. Here are just a few recent acknowledgements.
- 10 Hottest Job Markets in 2020, Fargo #1
- Fargo named to Money’s Best Places to Live 2019 list
- West Fargo named #11 and Moorhead named #14 best city to live in the U.S.
- Fargo won the 2019 Most Educated City Award in North Dakota
- Fargo won the 2019 Safest City Award in North Dakota from Insurify
- The City of Fargo has been recognized as one of the top 10 best-run cities in the United States for 2019
- Fargo was named 2019’s 8th Best City to Raise a Family
- Fargo named “Best Place to Start Your Own Business” on Livability’s 10 Best Places to Get a Fresh Start list
- North Dakota is the #1 state for millennials
- West Fargo named safest city in North Dakota
- Fargo 10th best city for new grads in 2019
- Fargo the 3rd most recession-proof city in the U.S.
- Fargo Named 6th Happiest City in the U.S.
- City of West Fargo named 10th best small town to live in America
- Livability: Let's talk about how cool Fargo is
- Fargo in the 7 Most Recession-Proof Cities in the U.S.
- Washington Post: You’re going where? Fargo!
- North Dakota is the crown jewel of the Internet in the Midwest
- Fargo Ranks as Best City to Live on a $55,000 Salary
- Fargo makes fourth in list of best U.S. metros for its job market
Learn more about our incredible community in the links below, or visit liveinfargo.com.
Welcome to Fargo Moorhead West Fargo! You’re going to like it here. Our high standard of living at a low cost, with amenities aplenty and countless options to get involved, sets us apart. We’re a community on the grow, and for good reason.
FMWF is not just people friendly; we’re also business friendly! A strong economic climate paired with an unmatched entrepreneurial spirit, in what some have dubbed the “silicon prairie,” makes making a living here a great bet. Oh, and did we mention that our community is so easy to navigate that commuting is a breeze! So, let’s get to work.
One of the reasons our metro is so strong is because of our incredible schools. Our K-12 institutions are growing and receive national attention for their high standard of education. Our area colleges and tech schools expose many young adults to the region and contribute to our community and workforce.
Fargo Moorhead West Fargo has a vibrant cultural scene and a rich arts offering, from museums to galleries, dance, theater and more. If you’re an adventurer or outdoorsman, we definitely don’t lack activities to get you out and about. And if you enjoy the simple things in life, we’ve got plenty of shopping, movies, restaurants, breweries and local hidden treasures to check out.