Welcome to Fargo Moorhead West Fargo! You’re going to like it here. Our high standard of living at a low cost, with amenities aplenty and countless options to get involved, sets us apart. We’re a community on the grow, and for good reason.
FMWF is not just people friendly; we’re also business friendly! A strong economic climate paired with an unmatched entrepreneurial spirit, in what some have dubbed the “silicon prairie,” makes making a living here a great bet. Oh, and did we mention that our community is so easy to navigate that commuting is a breeze! So, let’s get to work.
We’ve got some smart cookies here, with some of the best schools in the nation. Our schools continue to have high standards, receive national attention and are seeing incredible growth. Our educational community has proven a vital link to filling area workforce needs. Factor in additional programs for jobsite and skill training from employers and other organizations, and there are so many ways to learn here.
With a vibrant cultural scene and rich arts offerings, there’s always something to do around here. Whether you’re looking for museum outings, performing arts, dining or outdoor recreation, there’s never a reason to be bored! And for the outdoors lover, go golfing, fishing or hunting, skiing or bird-watching. There is something for everyone!
To dig deeper, flip through our Metro Profile & Member Directory!
Fargo is much more than a Coen brothers movie with funny accents and a woodchipper (though we do have those here!). Our metro is thriving, and each city brings a host of qualities and experiences for residents and visitors alike. We’ve got one of the nation’s lowest unemployment rates and a stable economy. Couple that with a low cost of living, high quality of life, safe neighborhoods, clean air and a thriving local community and you’ll soon realize that Fargo Moorhead West Fargo truly is an exceptional place to live, work and do business.
In the News
The Fargo Moorhead West Fargo community continues to receive recognition nationwide for its high quality of life and standard of living. Here are just a few recent acknowledgements.
- Fargo named #8 on Livability.com’s 2020 List of the Top 100 Best Places to Live in the U.S.
- West Fargo ranked No. 23 in Money’s 2020-21 Best Places to Live
- Fargo Area Ranks in Top 10 Places to Raise Kids
- Fargo again among Forbes' top 25 places to retire
- Fargo is the third-best place to move to after the coronavirus pandemic
- Fargo one of the best places in 2020 for new graduates to start their career
- 10 Hottest Job Markets in 2020, Fargo #1
- Fargo named to Money’s Best Places to Live 2019 list
- West Fargo named #11 and Moorhead named #14 best city to live in the U.S.
- The City of Fargo has been recognized as one of the top 10 best-run cities in the United States for 2019
- Fargo was named 2019’s 8th Best City to Raise a Family
- North Dakota is the #1 state for millennials
- West Fargo named safest city in North Dakota
- Fargo the 3rd most recession-proof city in the U.S.
- Fargo Named 6th Happiest City in the U.S.
- City of West Fargo named 10th best small town to live in America
- Livability: Let's talk about how cool Fargo is
- Washington Post: You’re going where? Fargo!