Call for Presenters
Do you have expertise that other businesses need to hear? Want to make valuable connections and build credibility? Speaking at a Chamber event is a great way to do just that. We’re looking for Business Training and Women Connect presenters to fill our 2019-20 fiscal year.
Proposal Review and Notification Process
The Chamber will review submissions received for topic relevance. All interested presenters must complete an application, regardless of whether you have been a previous Chamber speaker. Submissions will be forwarded to the Business Training or Women Connect committee for review. A Chamber staff member may contact you if additional information is needed. The Chamber, along with the committee, will complete an in-depth review of submissions and make selections based on topic relevance, clear learning objectives, and other elements detailed in the selection criteria. If you are a previous speaker, prior program evaluations will also be considered.
- Presenters will be evaluated on topic relevance and strength of the submission.
- References will be checked to ensure selection of first-rate presenters. Final selection will be based on:
- Session objectives are clearly articulated and achievable in the time allotted.
- Session is fully described and is designed for the adult learner.
- Expertise is related to the session content.
- Presenters must be employees of Chamber-member businesses in good standing.
- Presenters will refrain from promoting products and services during the presentation.
- Presenters will not arrange a substitute speaker without permission from The Chamber.
- The Chamber strives to provide business education on a variety of topics at an economical price. As such, speakers will not receive monetary compensation for their services.
- Presentations are typically 60 minutes in length followed by Q&A.
- We’re always open to new and innovative ideas for presentations. If you want to do something unique or longer in your training, please let us know.
What do our speakers get?
- Exposure: A room full of engaged business professionals will hear your message
- Promotion: We’ll share your session and bio online, on social media and in print to thousands
- Credibility: Position yourself as a thought-leader in your area of expertise
Instructions for Submission
Completed forms and supporting materials must be submitted online by May 31. While we have much of our upcoming events now planned, you may still submit an application to be considered in the future!
Questions? Contact Bobbi Jo at 218.359.0525 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
While the purpose of this call for presenters is to select quality speakers for the Business Training and Women Connect series, applicants may be asked to speak at other Chamber events or be listed in The Chamber’s speaker files for future events.