Call for Presenters
Go ahead; take the stage! Apply to be a Chamber speaker.
Can you command a crowd? Have a success story, great idea or proven strategy you’d like to share? Tell us by submitting an application to speak at a Chamber event for our upcoming fiscal year! We’re looking for presenters at our Business Training and Women Connect events to fill our 2020-21 fiscal year.
Applications are due by May 31 to be considered for the 2020-21 calendar of events.
What we’re looking for:
- Passionate professionals interested in sharing their expertise with others
- Interactive and energetic presentations with practical takeaways
- Innovative ideas and strategies around leadership, skill development, workplace topics or women’s empowerment
We welcome experienced speakers and brand-new voices alike. The only criteria are to work for a Chamber member and submit an application!
What do speakers get?
- Exposure: A room full of engaged business professionals will hear your message, and your own complimentary table for 8 at the event!
- Promotion: We’ll share your session and bio online, on social media and in print to thousands.
- Credibility: Position yourself as a thought-leader in your area of expertise.
- Training: *New this year!* Dale Carnegie is offering 1.5 hours of coaching for any speaker. Learn to elevate your confidence, engage the audience and review best practices.
Proposal Review and Notification Process
The Chamber will review submissions received for topic relevance. All interested presenters must complete an application, regardless of whether you have been a previous Chamber speaker. Submissions will be forwarded to the Business Training or Women Connect committee for review. A Chamber staff member may contact you if additional information is needed. The Chamber, along with the committee, will complete an in-depth review of submissions and make selections based on topic relevance, clear learning objectives, and other elements detailed in the selection criteria. If you are a previous speaker, prior program evaluations will also be considered.
- Presenters will be evaluated on topic relevance and strength of the submission.
- References will be checked to ensure selection of first-rate presenters. Final selection will be based on:
- Session objectives are clearly articulated and achievable in the time allotted.
- Session is fully described and is designed for the adult learner.
- Expertise is related to the session content.
- Presenters must be employees of Chamber-member businesses in good standing.
- Presenters will refrain from promoting products and services during the presentation.
- Presenters will not arrange a substitute speaker without permission from The Chamber.
- The Chamber strives to provide business education on a variety of topics at an economical price. As such, speakers will not receive monetary compensation for their services.
- Presentations are typically 60 minutes in length followed by Q&A.
- We’re always open to new and innovative ideas for presentations. If you want to do something unique or longer in your training, please let us know.
Application items needed
You will be able to save your application and submit it later. To help you prepare in advance, these are the items we'll need:
- Presenter’s name, title and company
- Social media accounts preferred in promotion
- Event title, description and takeaways
- Presenter’s bio and photo
What have past presenters said about their experience?
"My experience speaking at Women Connect was life changing. The application process was easy, the speaker support was phenomenal, the venue fully supportive of their mission to connect women. I conquered a fear of speaking publicly, and made significant relationships with other women ... Sharing experiences and stories is not easy – especially on a stage. Women who attend these events will undoubtedly leave stronger, more knowledgeable, empowered and connected.” – Briana Scearcy, Stoneridge Software
Instructions for Submission
Completed forms and supporting materials must be submitted online by May 31, 2020 to be considered for the 2020-21 calendar of events.
Questions? Want to suggest a topic or local expert? Contact Bobbi Jo at 218.359.0525 or email@example.com.
While the purpose of this call for presenters is to select quality speakers for the Business Training and Women Connect series, applicants may be asked to speak at other Chamber events or be listed in The Chamber’s speaker files for future events.
Apply to speak at: