Senior Engineering Technician - Solar
Ulteig is seeking talented and motivated candidates for a Senior Solar Engineering Technician, supporting utility-scale solar photovoltaic projects. The selected candidate will engage with Ulteig’s civil, structural, and electrical design teams and our clients to provide innovative, forward thinking design solutions to facilitate the development, design, and construction of solar projects.
What You'll Do
- Will work with the project engineer to complete detailed civil design solutions on utility scale solar projects
- Apply industry design standards on renewable projects and coaches others on the team
- Utilize prior design experience to proactively address potential design issues
- Help the team develop and refine design and drafting standards for projects
- Practice efficiency engineering as it pertains to design selection.
- Work closely with other engineering technicians and experienced engineers.
- Design will be primarily within AutoCAD Civil 3D with an emphasis on road layout, mass solar site grading, earthwork takeoffs, erosion and sediment control plans.
- Demonstrate a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Effectively communicate and interact with clients to ensure we are meeting their needs.
- Work closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects.
What We Expect from You
- Associate or technical degree in Engineering Technology or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of progressive experience in a civil engineering technician role
- Minimum of 3-4 years of design experience in utility scale solar projects is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency and working knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D is required
- Proficient at large scale site grading design, additions to existing civil designs and earthwork calculations is required.
- Proven experience in Microsoft Software Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access)
- Excellent presentation and verbal/written communication skills
- Must be analytical, self-motivated, and possess the ability to work in high-pressure situations while maintaining a positive, enthusiastic attitude.
- Must have permanent authorization to work in the US
What You Can Expect from Ulteig
For 75 years, we’ve built a culture focused on people – both our clients and our employees. We realize that a huge part of our success has relied heavily on the dedication and focus of our workforce; this is why we make investing in our employees a top priority. Being 100% employee-owned means, we take our own success and the success of our clients personally.
We offer our team members:
- Flexible Workplace
- Employee Ownership
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Collaborative Environment
- Innovative Culture
Working at Ulteig is more than a job, it means you will be making a difference. Our vision is to be among the most highly regarded engineering and technical services firms in North America. Ulteig connects people and resources to develop compelling, integrated solutions across multiple Lifeline Sectors®, including power, renewables, transportation and water. Ulteig's footprint spans the country and leverages its expertise with a wide range of public and private clients.
If you would like to be a part of a company that empowers their employees, apply today!
Ulteig is a Drug Free Workplace
ACHIEVE | GROW | COLLABORATE
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: to protect the interests of all parties, Ulteig Engineers, Inc., will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate or an approved vendor that has a written and signed agreement in place with Ulteig. Please do not contact or forward resumes to our company employees or locations. Any unsolicited resumes will be considered Ulteig property. Ulteig is not responsible for any charges or fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Are you a member?
If you work for a business that has invested in a Chamber membership, YOU are also a member and can register with special pricing for Chamber events! Not sure if your employer is a member? Search your company name in our Business Directory to find out! Here are your member login instructions.