Medicare Business Development Sales Executive (ND, SD, MN)
At HealthPartners, you’ll find a culture where we live our values of excellence, compassion, integrity and partnership. By working together, we will improve health and well-being, create exceptional experiences for those we serve and make care and coverage more affordable.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Medicare Business Development Sales Executive (North Dakota/South Dakota/Minnesota). This position is responsible for growth of HealthPartners Medicare plan membership in North Dakota, South Dakota and Western MN. The Sales Executive, Medicare Business Development will develop mutually beneficial relationships with brokers, advocates, consultants, and others in the community to meet and exceed net membership growth goals.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or demonstrated success in health insurance sales.
- Minimum of one year sales or service experience in the health industry.
- Ability to manage multiple project assignments with short deadlines.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office products or similar applications).
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work remotely and from a home-based office.
- Must have North Dakota, South Dakota, or Minnesota health insurance licenses, or obtain within three months of hire. Must be qualified to hold North Dakota, South Dakota, and Minnesota health insurance licensure.
- Must comply with all Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), state, organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Current, valid, unrestricted Driver’s License (in the state of residence) free of major traffic violations or a pattern of repeated violations for the last 3 years and daily access to a reliable, insured vehicle.
- Execution of a non-competition agreement upon hire.
- Experience working in a sales or service position dealing with Medicare products.
- Experience working with the insurance brokerage community.
- Working knowledge of Medicare enrollment and benefits.
- Working knowledge of CMS Medicare Marketing Guidelines.
- North Dakota and South Dakota health insurance license.
- Strong knowledge of North Dakota and/or South Dakota Medicare product market.
- Strong familiarity with the North Dakota and South Dakota health care provider market.
- Experience developing, and building a sales territory.
- Develop and maintain advocate and community relationships to promote HealthPartners Medicare plans.
- Recruit, develop and manage strategic broker partnerships to generate HP Medicare sales growth.
- Educate and train brokers to help them accurately represent and understand the value of HP Medicare plans for their clients.
- Build and maintain long term relationships.
- Identify, and participate in relevant community events to promote HP Medicare plans.
- Conduct community sales presentations at strategic locations in assigned sales area to promote the HP Medicare plan value to consumers.
- Provide training and education to community influencers, including SHIP insurance counselors about the HPMedicare plan value.
- Collaborative interaction with internal telesales area to provide seamless experience for brokers and consumers.
- Manage sales pipeline.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work closely with internal partners.
- Build and generate brand awareness for new Medicare plan product entering into an established market of primarily Medicare Supplement plans.
- Seek, build and maintain collaborative partnerships with key brokers and community influencers in a new market.
- Meet and exceed target new sales levels.
- Coordinate resolution of all customer inquiries and proposals in a prompt, professional and customer friendly manner.
- Manage many priority projects at the same time, spending necessary weighted time on each, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Remain focused with a self-driven work ethic to achieve sales results while working remotely in a home based office.
- Remain positive and flexible and willing to adapt to new assignments and opportunities as market conditions and HealthPartners Medicare plan’s position in the market change over time.
HealthPartners is recognized nationally for providing outstanding care and experience for patients and members. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package. For more information and to apply go to www.healthpartners.com/careers and search for Job ID #59939.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you a member?
If you work for a business that has invested in a Chamber membership, YOU are also a member and can register with special pricing for Chamber events! Not sure if your employer is a member? Search your company name in our Business Directory to find out! Here are your member login instructions.