Senior Executive Support Manager
The Senior Executive Support Manager serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the President & CEO. The Senior Executive Support Manager serves as the primary liaison to the Board of Trustees and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts, human resources, and oversees special projects.
Reporting directly to the President & CEO, the Senior Executive Support Manager provides executive, administrative, and development support to the President & CEO and Board of Trustees, as well as the Leadership Team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
- Assists the President & CEO with daily administrative duties and completes a broad variety of administrative tasks that include managing an active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas; and compiling documents for meetings.
- Strategically manages the President & CEO's time and calendar by exercising discretion and decision-making while sorting and filtering requests while ensuring strategic priorities are met in a timely manner. Keep the CEO on schedule by providing prompts.
- Communicates directly and on behalf of the President & CEO with Board members, donors, and others on matters related to programmatic initiatives as directed.
- Communicates with the United Way team on the President & CEO’s behalf and coordinates logistics with high-level meetings both internally and externally.
- Drafts reports, prepares, and coordinates oral and written communication with donors and prospects.
- Supports President & CEO in external commitments related to United Way including service on external boards, committees, and other groups.
- Assists in planning for key donor meetings and events.
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of United Way Leadership Team meetings. Prepares an account of the meetings and designates and follows up on assigned action items.
- Leads special projects as directed by the President & CEO.
Board Support and Liaison
- Serves as the President & CEO’s administrative liaison to the Board of Trustees. Manages Board activities, which include coordinating Board meetings, annual Board and United Way Leadership Team retreat, socials, and new Board member orientations. Manages travel itineraries for Board travel and reimbursement requests.
- Responsible for compiling, assembling, and distributing monthly Board meeting materials.
- Researches potential Board members for President & CEO and Governance Committee.
- Coordinates Executive, Governance and Ad Hoc Committee meetings, maintains confidential files and contact information, coordinates meetings, conferences, and committees both on and off site to support the President & CEO’s agenda.
- Leads administrative external Human Resource processes for the organization including but not limited to recruiting support, managing interview scheduling, and communication.
- Serves as primary contact with Human Resource vendor for United Way team.
- Manages enrollment in benefits including changes in coverage and new employee onboarding.
- Coordinates benefits education for employees.
- Coordinates all United Way policy updates, communication, and attestations.
- Assists with the accounts payables process by authorizing building-related invoices, mailing checking, and scanning invoices.
- Responsible for the daily operations of office and facility management including managing vendor contracts for the facility, ordering supplies, and ensuring office equipment is functioning at the highest level of efficiency in conjunction with service providers (i.e. copier, telephone system, postage equipment).
Minimum requirements include:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required and at least four years equivalent experience
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulately in writing and speaking
- Ability to proactively work independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of classified information
- Consistent delivery of exemplary customer service and communication to a diverse audience in all donor, volunteer, and team interactions
- Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously when required with deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite and willingness to adapt and utilize new technology platforms
- Good vision, speech, and hearing acuity (with glasses and speaking/hearing aids if necessary)
- Physical exertion includes bending, pushing, standing, and walking
- Must be able to move or lift approximately 25 pounds occasionally
- Ability to work outside of an office environment and travel to appointments
- Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
An individual must be able to demonstrate the following competencies at a satisfactory level:
Personal Leadership – The ability to establish trust and readily adapt. Is accountable for the achievement of assigned work. Demonstrates a commitment to UWCC’s values, mission and vision.
Thought Leadership – The ability to analyze issues and solve problems; understand and propose strategies; identify innovations and implement improvements; and understand financial data.
People Leadership – The ability to solicit support, encourage commitment, select and develop committees, communicate effectively, promote teamwork and collaboration and establish trusted relationships.
Results Leadership – The ability to meet donor and investor needs; create effective plans for implementation; execute efficiently; and show initiative and improve processes.
ABOUT UNITED WAY OF CASS-CLAY
United Way of Cass Clay’s mission is to improve lives by activating resources to solve complex community issues and create lasting social change. The organization’s vision is to harness and activate the power of community across Cass and Clay Counties – resulting in a better tomorrow for everyone.
United Way of Cass-Clay embodies equity and inclusion. United Way serves all low-income families through education, housing, health, income stability and child-focused programs that provide opportunities for all families in our community to become stronger and healthier. The issues United Way strives to solve impact people of all background and identities. United Way knows that poverty does not discriminate, and neither do they.
United Way of Cass-Clay is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive compensation and benefits package with a flexible
Are you a member?
If you work for a business that has invested in a Chamber membership, YOU are also a member and can register with special pricing for Chamber events! Not sure if your employer is a member? Search your company name in our Business Directory to find out! Here are your member login instructions.