District Program Coordinator
ABOUT JUNIOR ACHIEVEMENT OF THE UPPER MIDWEST (JAUM)
We are the passionate people that seek to educate and inspire young people to succeed in a global economy. JAUM supports JA operations throughout North Dakota, Minnesota and western Wisconsin. JAUM annually reaches over 100,000 students (over 8,600 – 10,600 in the Fargo-Moorhead area) each year in relevant, hands-on learning experiences that teach young people to manage their money, plan for their economic future, run their own businesses, and develop readiness for careers or college.
JAUM associates are known for their passion for the JA mission that brings together business and education to work with students in kindergarten through high school, so they are empowered to own their economic success. Members of the JAUM team interact with community leaders who support JAUM with their time, treasure, and talent. JAUM offers a collaborative, inclusive work environment and the opportunity to impact the lives of young people in our community.
JAUM is committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applicants from traditionally under-represented backgrounds
The person filling the District Program Coordinator role is expected to live in the Fargo-Moorhead region. The position will support economic educational programs within the business and education communities. Regional daytime travel required. This position is a flexible 32 hour per week during normal business hours and has potential for flexible summer scheduling. The occasional evening or weekend may be required. This position reports to the District Director of North Dakota.
Manage, expand, and maintain JA programming (In-classroom, distance learning, and Capstone) within Fargo, Moorhead, West Fargo and surrounding area schools (Public, private schools, and charter schools) to achieve strategic plan goals.
- Recruit schools and teachers to participate in K -12th grade JA programs.
- Recruit and train new volunteers for K-12 programs and creates a plan to recognize volunteer contributions in our community.
- Manage volunteer engagement to ensure seamless classroom experience is achieved.
- Support JA’s customer service plan to ensure quality of program delivery through effective communication, classroom monitoring, and evaluation. Includes periodic classroom visits and/or check-ins.
- Monitor curriculum distribution to schools and program reporting requirements to ensure proper verification of all programs.
- Increase public awareness of JA programs through various PR/marketing opportunities (presentations, networking events, corporate and school newsletters, PSAs, press releases, etc.) included being an active and engaged member of various community organizations.
- Manage records and information related to school and volunteer activity.
- Develop expertise in program delivery models.
- Assist in delivery of JA programs as and where appropriate.
- Assist with preparation and logistics of Regional and JAUM high school competitions.
Support the District Director in working with corporate, education, and community leaders to develop partners’ engagement and financial resources to ensure successful program implementation.
- Works with District Director to coordinate, promote, and deliver special events and generate program funding (ensuring those events operate within budget).
- Collaborates with the District Director to share program highlights with donors. This includes collecting student/teacher/volunteer stories to share with classroom funders to encourage continued engagement.
- Provide Junior Achievement program training and orientation for all new volunteers and educators, and as requested.
- Carries out administrative processes; data management and reporting requirements pertaining to territory through paperwork, e-mail, and the web.
- Attend trainings offered by JAUM to continue striving for personal improvement.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, plus at least one-year business, sales, education, or non-profit experience.
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Accuracy/detail orientation
- Proficient computer skills, preferably in a Microsoft environment.
- Experience working with Fargo-Moorhead area schools and business community.
- Project management experience, preferably with a not-for-profit organization.
- Strong sales skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to: sit, walk, occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, continually required to talk or hear, occasionally required to bend, lift, or climb, frequently required to lift and carry light weights (25-50 pounds), and specific vision abilities include: close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust or focus.
BACKGROUND CHECK: This position is subject to the successful completion of a background check / verification of educational credentials contained in resume.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship. JAUM is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the bases of race, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.
TO APPLY: Email your resume and cover letter to Karen Berntson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a member?
If you work for a business that has invested in a Chamber membership, YOU are also a member and can register with special pricing for Chamber events! Not sure if your employer is a member? Search your company name in our Business Directory to find out! Here are your member login instructions.