Direct Support Professional (Caregiver)
CCRI is hiring Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) to support individuals with disabilities to live more independently in the Moorhead, Hawley, and Barnesville areas. Variety of hours available, find a position to fit your life.
$1,000 Hiring Incentive!
- Short or long shifts.
- A variety of positions to fit your life—weekends (including overnights), afternoons, early mornings, after-school hours, evenings, and sleep or awake overnights.
- Benefits offered for designated positions.
- Hours vary—may be days, evenings, overnights, weekends, or a combination of all.
- Non-traditional hours work with other jobs or life commitments.
TrainingExperience not necessary—great training is provided.
- Both written and spoken English language proficiency required.
- High school education or equivalent preferred.
- Dependable transportation, a current driver's license, and car insurance required. Driving record must meet CCRI insurability standards.
- Must have a cell phone or device with GPS capability.
- Must pass a comprehensive criminal background check and be at least 18 years of age.
- Must pass the CCRI Medication Administration Course (SLS only) and First Aid and CPR competencies.
- Must have good communication skills and the ability to verbally express thoughts clearly.
- Must have the ability to independently problem solve on a daily basis.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must have the ability to work well with others and show a positive attitude.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
The Benefits of Working at CCRI as a DSP
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Bonus opportunities.
- Positive work environment.
- Casual dress code.
- Variety of shifts to choose from.
- Scholarship opportunities.
If you aren't familiar with the term Direct Support Professional (DSP), similar job titles might be Caregiver, Personal Care Attendant (PCA), Home Health Aide, Certified Nursing Assistant, or Direct Care Provider. While you don't have to be a nursing assistant or CNA to do this job, having that background is helpful when working with some of our individuals that may need more hands-on assistance with personal cares.
CCRI is located in Moorhead, Minnesota, across the river from Fargo, North Dakota.