Intern-Production Assistant Midco Sports Network - Fargo
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Paid Internship
Free and discounted Midco services
Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
Apply today online at MidcoCareers.com
This is a paid internship in Fargo, ND that will be from September through May with flexible schedule. 10-30 hours per week.
Assist and develop skills and knowledge in the production of local and regional sports programming for Midco Sports Network and their Affiliates.
- Assist and develop skills in the production of local and regional sports content. This includes Tape Delay, Original Programming, Studio Shows and Live Sports Production.
- Develop knowledge and assist in operation of video cameras, edit suites and editing software Adobe Premier, Avid or equivalent.
- Demonstrate ability to understand and expand knowledge of basic lighting, video and audio techniques and computer applications.
- Continue to develop skills across all platforms, which may include the opportunity for on-air reporting.
- Ability to learn to write professional and engaging sports stories.
- Comply with operating procedures directed by Management and Engineering.
- Participate in the creative process of developing promotional and advertising elements for the network.
- Provide story ideas during meetings, with the ability to follow up and provide updates on ideas.
- Be willing to work on special projects as assigned.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to create and foster a harmonious relationship with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Working towards a degree of certificate program in journalism, television production or advertising related field preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 70 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- In-person visits to a customer’s place of business are normal in the performance of this job. Specific abilities required include accessing a customer's place of business by stairs or elevator, operating doors or other entrances, navigating hallways and buildings, etc., and adapting successfully to a constantly changing environment.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.