Director of Digital Customer Experience
At Gate City Bank, we invest in the best people...driven people, compassionate people, creative people…people like you! We invest in the best team members because it's what's best for our customers.
LocationFargo Corporate Office
The Director of Digital Customer Experience at Gate City Bank is responsible for developing a successful customer experience on the bank's website, mobile applications and other digital channels. S/he develops a strong understanding of the bank’s customers through research and data analysis and translates that knowledge into digital experiences. S/he leads the charge on transforming how customers interact with Gate City Bank to reflect changing expectations and to create a premium digital experience consistent with the Gate City Bank brand. S/he is hands-on, excellent cross-functional collaborator who leads from a customer, process and team member-first approach.
- Have a sense of urgency.
- Collaborate with open and transparent communication to inspire and motivate.
- Be a Thought Leader by identifying customer patterns and expectations and then act on innovative ideas, be forward thinking, and assure the Bank stands out from the crowd.
- Embrace innovation by being a disruptor for change, exploring new ways and ideas, and challenging the status quo.
- Institute career development of self and team members to include self-awareness, career vision, goal setting, and skill development.
- Be accountable.
- Live and support the mission, vision, and values of the Bank and be an active participant in the community.
- Take initiative, show interest, anticipate needs, and keep transformation moving forward.
- Establish a formal customer experience discipline in the digital organization.
- Develop a digital omnichannel view of the complete customer journey including all the different methods of interaction and service delivery for customers.
- Translate strategic direction into actionable plans for establishing consensus on scope and mobilizing resources to execute.
- Develop strong relationships with key, cross-functional partners. Lead a cross-functional, matrixed team to elevate the digital customer experience.
- Lead with a focus on increasing digital acquisition, enhancing digital customer experience, migrating customers to digital channels, and enabling business solutions & tools.
- Establish processes to capture, assess, prioritize and execute systemic improvements based on Voice of the Customer in its various forms.
- Analyze and interpret a mix of qualitative and quantitative data to construct compelling narratives and provide recommendations on digital experiences that drive customer loyalty.
- Develop overall strategic messaging, branding and positioning of the digital customer experience program, develop customer-focused nurture campaigns, external communications and customer events in partnership with marketing.
- Maintain close relationships with customers to ensure understanding of customer and industry needs and perspectives. Provide feedback to other departments to help inform ongoing product development and product enhancements.
- Assess, validate and design digital products, services and solutions in partnership with the digital technology team, marketing and IT.
- Educate the organization on emerging digital trends, opportunities, competitive threats and new differentiating technologies.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Bank’s policies and applicable laws.
- Leverage the strengths of the team members, help to clarify roles and responsibilities and develop and implement training programs in order to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensures team members are kept current on issues affecting job-related duties, responsibilities and trends on a consistent basis.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Business, Marketing, or related field required; MBA desired; 7-10 years of progressively responsible experience leading digital customer experience transformation work; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Creative strategic thinker with grounded business acumen.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Ability to effectively create a vision and functional strategy based on the bank’s business strategy and goals.
- Excellent skills in influencing, negotiating, listening and cross-departmental collaboration.
- Ability to build a business case based on tangible financial results and intangible operational benefits.
- Demonstrated leadership ability; ability to pull teams together; ability to develop & train people.
- Experience with UX/UI and associated tools.
- Understanding of best practices and how to apply them.
- Ability to see from the customer point of view and championing that view across the company.
- Solid digital background with knowledge of external channels, on site and mobile app acquisition, UX, SEO, SEM and data analysis and targeting.
- Strong technical background; experience working with new platforms.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
The ability to work a full-time, flexible, weekend, on-call or other scheduled requirements is an essential function of this position in order to meet customer service expectations and ensure the efficient operations of the Bank.
EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer Member FDIC