Plant (Site) Manager
POSITION: Plant (Site) Manager - Fargo, NDSCHEDULE: Vary as needed typically Monday – Friday between 7AM and 5PM.SALARY: Depends on experienceLOCATION: Fargo, ND
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIESThe Plant Manager will lead all plant management activities of TrueNorth Steel, Inc. for his or her assigned site. Direct reporting responsibilities for site personnel include all Shop Supervisors, QC Manager (indirect report), Inventory Control Supervisor, Safety Coordinator/Contact, Production Planner, and other personnel as assigned. Implement and manage all company policies and procedures at the Site. The Plant Manager is responsible for the overall ability to meet and exceed annual safety, quality, financial and efficiency goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for driving our game changer culture through the site by exhibiting game changer attributes and building cohesive, high performance team.
- Identify, develop and mentor key leadership and succession plans for functional areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for driving a safe culture and coordinate with corporate safety council to insure all safety processes and procedures are implemented and followed by all assigned personnel.
- Monitoring and communicating operational results on a weekly and monthly basis with the Product Line Operations Manager and Director of Fabrication and Manufacturing.
- Responsible for Site’s annual budget including expenses, headcount, capital requests, goals and expectations.
- Work effectively with all departments to include project management, sales, production, planning and scheduling, purchasing, inventory, finance and logistics.
- Coordinate with Director of Fabrication and Manufacturing to oversee the manufacturing/fabrication processes and lead efforts to continuously control costs, improve shop floor efficiency, productivity and profitability.
- Establish appropriate staffing levels for all site operations areas of responsibilities.
- Participate actively in the daily, weekly, and monthly reconciliation of data collection for timecards, shop track reports, cycle counts, weekly safety inspections and preventative maintenance records.
- Support TrueNorth Steel corporate policies and procedures by effectively communicating and enforcing policies and procedures to reduce potential risks to the company.
- Coordinate with CFO to ensure internal controls are being followed; product costs are accurate; review variance to budget information; direct and indirect labor; overhead rates; financial numbers; and inventory.
- Monitor the Facility’s budgets and review financial statements.
- Insure facility’s QMS processes and procedures are implemented and followed by all assigned personnel.
- Drive Monthly Continuous Improvement meetings for the site
- Responsible for implementing needed changes resulting from non-conformances/corrective actions.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Prompt and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Strong leadership skills - must have experience in managing people in a leadership role.
- Must have the ability to develop leadership at all levels of areas of responsibility.
- Good understanding of supply chain management processes to include production, inventory control, materials management, purchasing, production planning and scheduling and logistics.
- Must have a strong internal customer service focus which develops a culture of teamwork with sales, production, quality, safety and finance.
- Ability to effectively develop, communicate and implement process improvements.
- Must be an outstanding team leader and will be held accountable for the quality of the end product.
- Ability to effectively communicate, coordinate and resolve conflict.
- Must have general computer experience along with experience using spreadsheet and word processing programs.
- Ability to motivate others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions in their areas of responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management using the spoken word.
- Ability to delegate when necessary, authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate people.
- Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent experience in a related field with extensive experience in manufacturing environment required.
- Minimum 5 years managing entire plant manufacturing/production facilities.
- APIC, ERP and/or Lean Manufacturing experience a plus.
Are you a member?
If you work for a business that has invested in a Chamber membership, YOU are also a member and can register with special pricing for Chamber events! Not sure if your employer is a member? Search your company name in our Business Directory to find out! Here are your member login instructions.