Allegiance Group is looking for a Product Manager who is passionate about building products that customers love and has a passion for the customer experience. The environment is dynamic and fast-paced, working with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver the company’s product vision and strategy. The Product Manager works directly with the Development team utilizing Scrum software development methodology to provide customers with the best products possible. Individuals with experience in Product Management, Business Analysis, Agile Development Practices, and Project Management are sought after for this role.
We are looking for a Product Manager to take on the following
Product Manager Responsibilities:
- Work with management to create product plans and roadmaps consistent with company vision
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, key stakeholders, and other team members to shape features, requirements, and end products
- Act as a product evangelist and make creative recommendations to expand product base and vision
- Evaluate promotional plans to ensure consistency with product strategy and effective messaging
- Collaborate with the Allegiance Marketing team to communicate new features and build awareness with customers and prospects about release dates and features added to the product
- Collaborate with the Allegiance Support team to enable them to provide best in class support on existing and future products. Participate in escalations to drive knowledge of customer issues and address them with solutions built into the product.
- Collaborate with the Allegiance Sales team to effectively position our products in the market. Attend calls with clients and prospects as needed to understand the markets we serve and be able represent the “Voice of the Customer”
- Collaborate with the Allegiance Services team to enable them to confidently provide product training and services to our clients
- Gain a deep understanding of the market and current product(s), identify and fill product gaps, and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
Product Owner Responsibilities:
- Participate in Agile development practices and offer suggestions to enhance the process
- Attend sprint planning and demo meetings and provide feedback on sprint achievement
- Drive one or more Scrum teams as the Product Owner
- Work with the UX/UI designer and development team on wireframes and prototypes to enhance the usability and functionality of the application
- Develop and manage the product backlog and sprint backlog, creating and elaborating on user stories
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of Allegiance Group’s solutions in order to successfully communicate with customers, key stakeholders and the development team
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Communicate effectively with clients and team members
- Collaborate with developers, other team members and key stakeholders on product launches
- Meet or exceed expectations for other duties assigned as needed to drive business success and ongoing improvement
The ideal Product Manager will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Management Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Proven experience as a product owner, business analyst, product manager, or in a related field
- Proven project management experience
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Experience in creating product roadmaps and estimating timelines
- Experience in or strong understanding of software development and web technologies
- Unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality
- Solid understanding of the product lifecycle and product lifecycle management
- Ability to understand and translate business and user requirements
- Ability to lead one or more Scrum teams as the Product Owner
- Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple activities and objectives efficiently
- Ability to work with customers and vendors at both a business and technical level
- Excellent analytical, communication, presentation and negotiation skills with cross-functional teams, customers, and management
- Strong initiative and vision for continuous improvement
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Comfortable working with multiple teams, in-house and remote
- Ability to work independently and as an active member of a team
- Ability to learn from and share knowledge and experience with other team members
- Public media knowledge and/or experience
- We have physical offices in Arlington, VA, Sarasota, FL, and Fargo, ND. This position is 100% remote with the option to work at any of our offices, if desired.
- This position may require occasional travel throughout the US to attend conferences or meet with clients.
- Candidates must be legally able to work in the United States and maintain proper work authorization throughout employment with Allegiance Group.
- Candidates must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job presented in a typical office environment.
- Allegiance Group offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits.
- Allegiance Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Allegiance Group partners with nonprofits and associations on fundraising, marketing, and technology solutions that inspire action and create a lasting impact. We bring together more than 130 of the best strategists, fundraisers, developers, creatives, and analysts to help nonprofits and associations grow strategically and smartly with integrated digital and direct mail campaigns, award-winning websites and mobile apps, and custom fundraising software and loyalty programs. Our company culture – and how we work with our clients – is built on these core values: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity; Accessibility; and Respect.
Benefits, Rewards & Perks at Allegiance Group
- The people. We are friendly, smart, curious and passionate about what we do!
- Casual and flexible work environment
- Health, dental, and vision plans, disability and company paid life insurance!
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 401k and company match
- Oh, and don’t forget - You're working with clients who are making a positive difference in the world.