The Network Assistant position is responsible for maintenance, monitoring, and supporting DRN ReadiTech Managed Service customers’ networks. The primary role includes but is not limited to assisting with day-to-day MS operations along with directly supporting customers and DRN’s IT Analysts. The Network Assistant position will report to the Managed IT Solutions Supervisor. The Network Assistant will complete a wide range of special projects as assigned.
The Network Assistant must possess the ability to work and get along with other employees and departments in a positive manner for the maximum benefit of the company. This individual will be expected to deliver exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers. Regular work hours are Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm. Night and weekend work may be required as the business need dictates along with an on-call rotation schedule.
Essential Job Functions:
- Monitor, maintain, and support all customer network devices including servers, routers, computers, tablets, printers, etc.
- Perform system maintenance work as directed by the IS Team
- Image machines
- Level 1 IS Support
- Sonicwall firmware upgrades
- MS Customer onsite and remote support
- Share Point Admin
- Preparing quotes for customers or Analysts via Quosal
- Connectwise Power User
- Research & development for Analysts and Sales team as needed
- Goal & team focused
- Attendance is an essential function of this position. Regular, reliable, consistent, and punctual attendance is required.
- Responsible for all other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures, products, and services.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and Exchange Online Experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory Domain Management, Exchange Server, IIS, Sharepoint server, System Center Configuration Manager, Terminal Services
- Knowledge of the following protocols/standards: SMTP, POP, FTP, DNS, DHCP
- Skill in routing and switching
- Skill in project-based efforts
- Skill in security
- Skill in applying best practices consistently
- Ability to create and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Ability to make sound decisions using the information at hand.
- Ability to self-direct and efficiently manage time and tasks
- Ability to contribute in a sales environment.
Education and Experience:
Two-year IT-related degree required along with related job experience.
Must have (or be able to obtain within 1 year) entry-level certifications along with the ability to obtain additional professional certifications as the business need dictates.
Job located in the DRN ReadiTech East Region (Lisbon, Gwinner, Valley City areas)
Are you a member?
If you work for a business that has invested in a Chamber membership, YOU are also a member and can register with special pricing for Chamber events! Not sure if your employer is a member? Search your company name in our Business Directory to find out! Here are your member login instructions.