The IT Manager is responsible for assisting in the planning, organizing, and execution of Information Technology functions, including assisting in the development and implementation of a technology vision and strategy that positions the organization to provide a superior customer and user experience, while protecting the organization, its employees and customers from security risks inherent to the business. The IT Manager will assist the Director of IT in managing resources and budget consistent with the established IT vision and strategy to result in efficient and competitive technology investments. This position will also ensure a stable IT infrastructure by designing and implementing the optimal staffing structure, and leading a team in a high-performance culture by creating a work environment that supports engagement, innovation, creativity, and teamwork, consistent with the organization’s vision, core values, and team guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with IT leadership and provide input in creating the formation of the organization’s strategic business plan.
- Designs, implements and monitors IT governance processes and control environment consistent with best IT practices and regulatory expectations.
- Coaches and mentors the Information Technology team by setting performance goals, monitoring progress, and coaching to ensure the team is maintaining the organization’s technology strategy to enable the business to grow, while ensuring security and stability of the environment and user experience.
- Stays abreast of technology trends, risks, and regulatory changes that relate to the industry.
- Manages vendor relationships to ensure the organization is receiving an adequate return on investment, in an efficient and effective manner within allocated budget.
- Integrates appropriate security and control practices across the enterprise, to mitigate risk for both the organization and the customer.
- Collaborates and coordinates with the Operations department on current and future initiatives, status, upgrades, and system maintenance to ensure effective communication, prioritization, an implementation.
- Assists IT leadership in conducting budgeting, monitoring, and dashboard monitoring and reporting.
- Maintaining a comprehensive organization-wide information security program to ensure that information assets are adequately protected against current, future, internal and external threats.
- Developing, identifying, directing, coordinating, evaluating, and reporting on information security risks in a manner that meets compliance and regulatory requirements while enabling the organization to develop an anticipatory response to minimize information security risk and breach events.
- Other duties and special projects as required.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field; 5+ years experience in actively managing an IT function required.
This is a full-time position with benefits.
At Western State Bank, “what” you know is important, but not as important as how you relate to teammates and customers. Our environment is based on the principles of respect, curiosity, creativity, individual empowerment, and the ability to listen effectively and communicate openly. We also believe in continual learning, bias toward action, keeping commitments, and doing our absolute best every day. We believe that our ability to deliver on our promise of being Your Hometown Bank is a result of these high standards.
Western State Bank is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer. Member FDIC.