Mortgage Loan Officer
The Mortgage Loan Officer (MLO) is responsible for successfully developing business with home buyers and home owners and producing compliant mortgage loan applications in accordance with our organization’s mission, vision, values, team guidelines, and business plan. Position is responsible for creating lasting relationships with mortgage loan customers that can extend to solutions for these customers in to other departments within the bank.
This position will also be responsible for:
- Creating an ongoing awareness of all current programs, regulations, and rules in regards to compliance within the mortgage industry.
- Establishing ongoing business development objectives that work to market Western to realtors, home owners, and potential home buyers. This includes community outreach and volunteer opportunities that create an awareness of Western within our community.
- Preparing loans and assist customers with pre-qualification letters in order to quantify the amount of loan and quality of loan. This includes communication between realtor and customer.
- Working with customer and internal processing team to finalize a compliant disclosure and continue the processing, appraisal, and underwriting process.
- Answering continuous customer inquiries via phone and email.
- Working internally with Customer Service Reps and Personal Bankers to cross-sell other bank products and find value-added solutions for our customers.
High School diploma required with 3+ years of experience in banking or lending required. This is a full-time position with benefits.
At Western State Bank, “what” you know is important, but not as important as how you relate to teammates and customers. Our environment is based on the principles of respect, curiosity, creativity, individual empowerment, and the ability to listen effectively and communicate openly. We also believe in continual learning, bias toward action, keeping commitments, and doing our absolute best every day. We believe that our ability to deliver on our promise of being Your Hometown Bank is a result of these high standards.
Western State Bank is an EEOE and Affirmative Action Employer. Member FDIC.