Financial Analyst-Finance Analytics
Help create, implement and drive a data-driven culture through analytics, enhanced reporting and decision support. Execute timely financial analysis and reporting surrounding day-to-day business metrics, strategic initiatives, new products, pricing, profit optimization and business development areas. Work with BIG DATA and transform millions of records of transactional data from multiple data sources into intuitive and actionable dashboards for management.
*** Position may be located anywhere in the Midco footprint. Preference may be given to candidates based out of the Minneapolis, MN area based on business need. ***
- Help drive fact-based solutions and promote data-driven decision-making across the organization.
- Develop or improve reporting on operating results, primarily using SQL, Tableau and Excel.
- Partner with operating departments and analysts throughout the company.
- Provide financial analysis to support decision-making.
- Deliver data, metrics, and models that will help determine the direction of the business including product and line-of-business profitability and scenario modeling for changes in offerings and/or pricing.
- Participate with product management team to provide financial justification, return-on-investment analysis, and financial planning (P&L and capital forecasts/budgets).
- Engage with information technology and various analysts to build, maintain, and improve the existing business intelligence and analytics tools.
- Partner with sales teams on financial issues including compensation reporting.
- Develop and maintain detailed financial models on customer metrics, including customer relationships, subscribers by product, market penetration, and average revenue metrics.
- Support business development through ad-hoc financial analysis and collaborating with cross-functional teams in evaluating new opportunities.
- Perform capital investment analysis in order to help management make decisions.
- Prepare ad hoc research and analysis to facilitate decision making and other project support.
- Support Finance in driver-based forecasting/planning, special projects and continuous improvement.
- Update/maintain SQL tables and Tableau dashboards for Financial Analytics team
- Research and update CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system based on issues identified in daily exception reports related to customer hierarchy, customer category, and/or account owner.
- Follow and serve as a role model in displaying Midco’s Core Values and Leadership Success Drivers.
- Adhere to Midco’s privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be results-oriented self-starter; organized, detailed and possessing strong analytical skills.
- Collaborate effectively with internal and external customers and vendors to ensure exceptional service.
- Demonstrate courage by tackling tough issues while acknowledging own limitations without compromising integrity.
- Remove obstacles for team members. Encourage creative solutions.
- Execute the essential elements of company and departmental standards, policies and procedures while creating a positive work environment.
- Support the mission, vision and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Communicate clear expectations that set a high bar while holding team members accountable to reach these goals.
- Demonstrate business acumen by using data to drive decisions and actions.
- Model flexibility, resiliency and change management skills by staying self-aware, constantly learning, and finding ways to cut through ambiguous problems.
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Major in Accounting, Finance, Business Analytics, Computer Science, or related field preferred.
- Financial analysis, business intelligence, data science and/or business analytics experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel required.
- Proficiency in SQL highly preferred.
- Proficiency in Tableau preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of communications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco fiber proudly serves more than 440,000 residential and business customers in 400 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By 2025, Midco will deploy 10G, the next great leap for broadband – while also expanding its fixed wireless network to rural areas. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free Midco internet & cable TV
- Get involved: Midco supports volunteerism and community service
- Generous 401(k) match and paid time away from work programs
- And many more
Visit MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view our full EEO and federal contractor supplemental posters, please refer to Midco.com/FederalPosters.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Are you a member?
If you work for a business that has invested in a Chamber membership, YOU are also a member and can register with special pricing for Chamber events! Not sure if your employer is a member? Search your company name in our Business Directory to find out! Here are your member login instructions.