The Credit Officer is responsible for the underwriting and analysis of customer’s loan requests in accordance to the organization’s vision, core values, team guidelines and business plans. This unique opportunity will be tasked with underwriting commercial, agricultural and retail loan opportunities for customers across all Western State Bank markets in addition to various other tasks in support of the Credit Department. Providing a superior customer experience is key at Western and this position will work to ensure that the needs of the customer are met through a successful credit analysis process and administration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position will have a heavy focus on successfully underwriting loan transactions. The candidate will work first-hand with Loan Officers and Credit Department personnel to ensure an effective credit analysis take place in accordance with loan policy and Bank standards.
- This position will have an active role in overseeing credit maintenance for existing customers. The candidate will spread financial information and share the results with Bank personnel. They will also have a keen understanding of a borrower’s financial position, compare the customer’s financial position to its industry peer group and calculate key financial ratios.
- The candidate may be tasked with overseeing various credit-related reports for commercial, agricultural and retail credit customers. The candidate will analyze these reports and share their findings with senior lending personnel and the Board of Directors, as requested.
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed or assigned in support of the Credit Department.
- Self-starter; candidate must be able to work without total direct supervision
- Strong oral, written, analytical, multi-tasking and communication skills are required
- Team player
- Strong work ethic
Preference will be given to candidates who meet the minimum qualifications and personal characteristics of the position. Many people within our organization have begun their banking career in the Credit Department with several being promoted to other positions within Credit, Business Banking and Retail Banking. At Western, we take you and your career seriously. Together, we will work to ensure you are put in the best position to succeed each and every day.
Minimum qualifications for the Credit Officer position include: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting preferred. Three years of experience preferred.
At Western State Bank, “what” you know is important, but not as important as how you relate to teammates and customers. Our environment is based on the principles of respect, curiosity, creativity, individual empowerment, and the ability to listen effectively and communicate openly. We also believe in continual learning, bias toward action, keeping commitments, and doing our absolute best every day. We believe that our ability to deliver on our promise of being Your Hometown Bank is a result of these high standards.
Western State Bank is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer. Member FDIC.