The Credit Analyst is responsible for the underwriting and analysis of customer’s loan requests in accordance to the organization’s vision, core values, team guidelines and business plans. This unique opportunity will be tasked with underwriting commercial, agricultural and retail loan opportunities for customers across all Western State Bank markets in addition to various other tasks in support of the Credit Department. Providing a superior customer experience is key at Western and this position will work to ensure that the needs of the customer are met through a successful credit analysis process and administration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hands-on and in-person training will occur with the candidate to ensure they develop a strong background in the successful underwriting of commercial, agricultural and retail loan transactions. They will be working with Loan Officers and Credit Department personnel to learn how to ensure that a successful credit analysis take place and is in accordance with loan policy and Bank standards.
- This position will have an active role in overseeing credit maintenance for existing customers. The candidate will learn how to accurately spread financial information and to share the results with Bank personnel. They will also learn how to understand a borrower’s financial position, compare the customer’s financial position to its industry peer group and calculate key financial ratios.
- This position is afforded the opportunity to learn about proper credit administration. At Western, you will be taught about proper tickler maintenance, how to review loan documents for covenant compliance and you will learn what it takes to ensure the customer’s needs are being met and that Western remains a successful organization each and every day.
- The candidate will be tasked with overseeing various credit-related reports for commercial, agricultural and retail credit customers. The candidate will analyze these reports and share their findings with senior lending personnel and the Board of Directors.
- The candidate will attend various Department meetings where they will be tasked with taking minutes and providing them to the appropriate personnel.
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed or assigned in support of the Credit Department.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Be a self-starter; candidate must be able to work without total direct supervision
- Have a team player attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Display strong oral, written, analytical, multi-tasking and communication skills are required
Minimum qualifications for the Credit Analyst position include: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting preferred.
Preference will be given to candidates who meet the minimum qualifications and those who have strong communication skills (oral, written, analytical, multi-tasking and communication skills)
Credit-related training at Western is considered a strong suit for our organization. Many people within our organization have begun their banking career in the Credit Department with several being promoted to other positions within Credit, Business Banking and Retail Banking. At Western, we take you and your career seriously.Together, we will work to ensure you are put in the best position to succeed each and every day.
At Western State Bank, “what” you know is important, but not as important as how you relate to teammates and customers. Our environment is based on the principles of respect, curiosity, creativity, individual empowerment, and the ability to listen effectively and communicate openly. We also believe in continual learning, bias toward action, keeping commitments, and doing our absolute best every day. We believe that our ability to deliver on our promise of being Your Hometown Bank is a result of these high standards.
Western State Bank is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer. Member FDIC.