Senior Project Manager - Transportation
Ulteig Project Management Office has an opportunity to hire a Senior Project Manager based out of Bismarck or Fargo, ND office to work specifically with transportation projects for the NDDOT, SDDOT and MnDOT. This will be a challenging role in which you will be responsible for the management for multiple complex engineering/design projects from initiation through close-out. You will play an important role in the growth of our Project Management Department. The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for the successful initiation, planning, execution, control and close-out of complex, civil engineering projects in the Transportation market. The desired candidate must have exceptional leadership skills and possess the ability to successfully navigate through and resolve complex and oftentimes multi-functional challenges associated with large projects. Additionally, this position will work closely with the civil transportation team and the Senior Technical Managers. This position will provide mentoring and training to the civil transportation team.
What You'll Do
- Provide strategic project management leadership for multiple projects of varying size and complexity.
- Develop and maintain client relationships and participate in proposal development.
- Responsible for the overall management and execution of the projects’ scopes, schedules and costs.
- With the Project Technical Lead, is accountable for all team decision making.
- Manage and lead a collaborative project team to ensure each key functional project discipline is meeting the planned project scope, schedule and cost.
- Collaborate with the Senior Technical Manager(s) regarding mentoring, training, and skillsets.
- Work with Project Technical Leader to lead technical project meetings between project team and client.
- Point person for contract negotiation and management.
- Develop, update and manage the project execution plans.
- Coordinate communication and provides status updates to stakeholders as required.
- Assess project risk and proactively develop mitigation plans.
- Proactively manages project requests for information and action items.
- Work collaboratively with the Project Controls team to ensure project schedules and costs are managed and tracking to plan.
- Responsible for coordinate projects through all internal and external processes.
- Ensure availability or seeks out adequate resources to support the projects.
- Proficient in analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations to support project scope, schedule and cost objectives.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Demonstrates excellent leadership, verbal/written communications, time management, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Consistently produces results that meet goals, has high work standards, and understands the business environment and processes.
- Achieves results by problem solving, setting priorities and organization.
- Maintains customer focus to meet or exceed customer expectations and represent Ulteig in a professional and courteous manner. Build and maintain positive relationship with clients.
- Strives for individual excellence by seeking challenges and self -development, demonstrating high levels of expertise and showing commitment, self-confidence and integrity.
What We Expect from You
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or relevant field required
- PMP Certification and/or Professional Licensed Engineer preferred
- Combination of 10+ years DOT design and project management experience preferred
- Proficiency with MS Project and MS Office
- Demonstrate the ability to be organized and work on multiple projects and meet deadlines by setting priorities
- Demonstrated experience with successful project delivery
- Excellent communication, leadership, planning and mentoring skills
- Must be able to prepare clear and concise status updates and reports as required
- Must be able to travel to project sites as required
- Must have permanent work authorization for the US
What You Can Expect from Ulteig
For 75 years, we’ve built a culture focused on people – both our clients and our employees. We realize that a huge part of our success has relied heavily on the dedication and focus of our workforce; this is why we make investing in our employees a top priority. Being 100% employee-owned means, we take our own success and the success of our clients personally.
We offer our team members:
- Flexible Workplace
- Employee Ownership
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Collaborative Environment
- Innovative Culture
Working at Ulteig is more than a job, it means you will be making a difference. Our vision is to be among the most highly regarded engineering and technical services firms in North America. Ulteig connects people and resources to develop compelling, integrated solutions across multiple Lifeline Sectors®, including power, renewables, transportation and water. Ulteig's footprint spans the country and leverages its expertise with a wide range of public and private clients.
If you would like to be a part of a company that empowers their employees, apply today!
Ulteig is a Drug Free Workplace
ACHIEVE | GROW | COLLABORATE
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: to protect the interests of all parties, Ulteig Engineers, Inc., will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate or an approved vendor that has a written and signed agreement in place with Ulteig. Please do not contact or forward resumes to our company employees or locations. Any unsolicited resumes will be considered Ulteig property. Ulteig is not responsible for any charges or fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Are you a member?
If you work for a business that has invested in a Chamber membership, YOU are also a member and can register with special pricing for Chamber events! Not sure if your employer is a member? Search your company name in our Business Directory to find out! Here are your member login instructions.