Project Management Supervisor
Ulteig is looking for a highly engaged and qualified candidate for our PM Supervisor position in the Project Management Department. This role will focus on leading a subset of the Internal project management team to foster on-the-job leadership development, allow for additional and efficient team growth, and oversee the execution of wide range of projects in multiple Lifeline Sectors. This individual will report directly to the Manager of the Internal PM Team, interacting closely with clients, corporate business units such as other Service Departments, Client Solutions, and Shared Services. The PM Supervisor is a self-starting technical leader with expertise in leadership, communication, resource management as well as the planning and delivery of infrastructure projects.
What You’ll Do
Management Responsibilities – 50%
- Provide strategic direction, leadership and technical services oversight for employees on achieving individual, team, department, and organizational performance goals.
- Coach, train and develop project management staff for growth and development opportunities.
- Facilitate team meetings and actively manage team resource planning.
- Perform individual performance reviews, training and professional development for team members.
Project Management Lead-20%
- Manage and lead all project management activities through complete project lifecycle of projects that are assigned.
- Provide project management oversight, including managing scope according to technical contracts, developing change orders, and maintaining project schedules.
- Direct and coordinate activities of assigned staff members.
- Maintain high levels of quality and responsiveness to meet internal and external client requirements in alignment with company expectations.
- Responsible for reviewing project management plans, specifications and project requirements, assumes responsible charge as needed.
- May serve in the capacity of Project Manager as required.
Process Development and Improvement Activities-20%
- Invest in continuous process improvement driving effective and efficient project execution.
- Collaborate with various functions across the organization in the effective implementation and execution of internally focused Project Management Processes.
Business Development Responsibilities – 10%
- Work collaboratively with CTL’s of select clients to maintain a high level of client service and resolve both project and non-project related issues.
- Participate and partner with members of the Client Solutions team and Project Managers throughout the organization to promote revenue growth and expansion of services with existing and prospective clients.
- Support proposal efforts by developing, providing resources, and reviewing proposals by working with the Proposal Development Team, Project Management group and other departments.
- Maintain positive client relationships with existing clients.
What We Expect from You
- Bachelor's in project management, construction management engineering management (or related field) from ABET accredited university or equivalent required.
- 10+ years of experience preferably with several years in the renewables industry managing utility scale wind and/or solar projects.
- PMP or higher/equivalent certification preferred.
- Experience in leading, managing and developing other Project Management Professionals.
- Must be analytical, self-motivated, and possess the ability to work in high-pressure situations while maintaining a positive, enthusiastic and collaborative attitude.
- Strong analytic and information management skills.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, management, public and external agencies.
- High level of initiative and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with clear expectations and timeliness.
- Excellent presentation and verbal/written communications skills.
- Proficiency in project controls (scheduling and cost control) utilizing Microsoft Project Professional and/or Primavera P6.
- Proven experience in Microsoft Software Applications (Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, Word, Excel, Power Point) and additional software knowledge depending on specialty.
- Must have authorization to work permanently in the US
What You Can Expect from Ulteig
For 75 years, we’ve built a culture focused on people – both our clients and our employees. We realize that a huge part of our success has relied heavily on the dedication and focus of our workforce; this is why we make investing in our employees a top priority. Being 100% employee-owned means, we take our own success and the success of our clients personally.
We offer our team members:
- Flexible Workplace
- Employee Ownership
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Collaborative Environment
- Innovative Culture
Working at Ulteig is more than a job, it means you will be making a difference. Our vision is to be among the most highly regarded engineering and technical services firms in North America. Ulteig connects people and resources to develop compelling, integrated solutions across multiple Lifeline Sectors®, including power, renewables, transportation and water. Ulteig's footprint spans the country and leverages its expertise with a wide range of public and private clients.
If you would like to be a part of a company that empowers their employees, apply today!
Ulteig is a Drug Free Workplace
ACHIEVE | GROW | COLLABORATE
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: to protect the interests of all parties, Ulteig Engineers, Inc., will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate or an approved vendor that has a written and signed agreement in place with Ulteig. Please do not contact or forward resumes to our company employees or locations. Any unsolicited resumes will be considered Ulteig property. Ulteig is not responsible for any charges or fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Are you a member?
If you work for a business that has invested in a Chamber membership, YOU are also a member and can register with special pricing for Chamber events! Not sure if your employer is a member? Search your company name in our Business Directory to find out! Here are your member login instructions.