Community Ambassador Director
Under limited direction, this position is responsible for helping to grow and maintain the donor base through outreach strategies within the local communities Vitalant serves. This position focuses on increasing Vitalant’s exposure to existing and new audiences, while promoting blood donation through media relations, community outreach and business networking opportunities.
1. Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention of management.
2. Assures quality customer service to all customers.
3. Builds and maintains relationships within the community through rigorous outreach initiatives and communications through personal contacts, public speaking engagements and educational presentations.
4. Develops and maintains active public service programs and announcement support through various media channels.
5. Participates in the development and maintenance of an active community advisory council, community organizations or the equivalent.
6. Partners with Vitalant Corporate Marketing department to support all communications efforts.
7. Develops and maintains close relationships with key influencers, agencies, and networks in the community.
8. Works closely with Vitalant Recruitment and Donor Care departments to ensure seamless coordination of blood donations.
Knowledge/EducationBachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field, or equivalent combination of education/experience required.
- Seven years of related experience, ideally gained through increasingly responsible sales/marketing management positions required.
- In depth knowledge of community organizations and resources required.
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Highly motivated, energetic, creative problem-solver, resourceful.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to work under limited supervision.
- Ability to gain coverage and success boosting brand visibility.
- Superior marketing acumen.
- Effective communication, public speaking, writing, research and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence.
- Demonstrated ability to present a professional image when representing the company and present company messages effectively when communicating to customers, business leaders, elected officials and the general public.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of leadership within the organization.
- Fast learner, accountable, organized and thoughtful with high attention to detail.