Associate Director, Solar Engineering
Ulteig has an opportunity for an Associate Director, Solar Engineering. We are seeking a creative, intelligent, driven individual with expertise leading multi-discipline engineering teams on large utility-scale solar projects. In addition to project leadership, this individual will support business development of solar service offerings to new and existing clients, provide functional leadership to other solar engineering managers, and be a key contributor to Ulteig’s solar strategies and initiatives. This is an exciting opportunity to showcase your talent, build out a service offering, and work for a proven leader in the renewable energy industry. This position will preferably be based in Denver, CO, Austin, TX, Fargo, ND or St. Paul, MN, remote locations will also be considered.
What You'll Do
- Work with the Ulteig executive team to grow the solar engineering business
- Serve as Project Technical Lead (PTL) on key solar projects. This project-level role is also referred in the industry as Project Engineering Manager or Design Phase Manager, and is the key multi-discipline technical leader for a project and the primary point of contact with the client for technical matters.
- Provide functional leadership and management to solar technical managers
- Train other PTLs in solar project leadership.
- Work with customers (developers, EPCs, and owner/operators) to ensure client and project expectations and success factors are understood and addressed
- Aid in the development and management of strategic accounts and bidding
- Accountable for key project decision making
- Coordinate communication and provide status updates to stakeholders as required
- Assure quality in design work by developing and following internal QA/QC methods
What We Expect from You
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical, electrical, or civil engineering, or related engineering field
- 3-5 years of solar project design and project engineering management experience is preferred, and 8-10 years of overall engineering experience.
- Strong knowledge of overall PV plant engineering, including general understanding of plant layout and performance modeling, modules, inverters, racking, DC/AC collection systems, civil and structural design
- Thorough understanding of project management principles, including project performance and cost drivers
- Skilled at leading project teams and interacting with clients
- Strong skills in solar project optimization for performance, cost, and constructability
- Demonstrate the ability to be organized and work on multiple projects and meet deadlines by setting priorities
- Must be able to prepare clear and concise status updates and reports as required
- Proven experience in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be able to travel to project sites as required
- Must have authorization to work permanently in the U.S
What You Can Expect from Ulteig
For 75 years, we’ve built a culture focused on people – both our clients and our employees. We realize that a huge part of our success has relied heavily on the dedication and focus of our workforce; this is why we make investing in our employees a top priority. Being 100% employee-owned means, we take our own success and the success of our clients personally.
We offer our team members:
- Flexible Workplace
- Employee Ownership
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Collaborative Environment
- Innovative Culture
Working at Ulteig is more than a job, it means you will be making a difference. Our vision is to be among the most highly regarded engineering and technical services firms in North America. Ulteig connects people and resources to develop compelling, integrated solutions across multiple Lifeline Sectors®, including power, renewables, transportation and water. Ulteig's footprint spans the country and leverages its expertise with a wide range of public and private clients.
If you would like to be a part of a company that empowers their employees, apply today!
Ulteig is a Drug Free Workplace
ACHIEVE | GROW | COLLABORATE
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: to protect the interests of all parties, Ulteig Engineers, Inc., will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate or an approved vendor that has a written and signed agreement in place with Ulteig. Please do not contact or forward resumes to our company employees or locations. Any unsolicited resumes will be considered Ulteig property. Ulteig is not responsible for any charges or fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Are you a member?
If you work for a business that has invested in a Chamber membership, YOU are also a member and can register with special pricing for Chamber events! Not sure if your employer is a member? Search your company name in our Business Directory to find out! Here are your member login instructions.