Lead Transmission Line Engineer
Ulteig is currently seeking talented and motivated Lead Engineer level candidates to join our Transmission Line group. This position is responsible for the design of High Voltage (69kV-500kV) transmission lines utilizing the PLS-CADD software.
What You'll Do
The ideal candidate has excellent problem solving skills; uses advanced techniques, theory, precepts and practices to complete complex project assignments. They will adapt and modify standard techniques to solve multifaceted problems and provide expert consultation for the design, development and implementation of technical plans and systems used in the construction of high voltage transmission lines. Responsibilities include: facilitating collaboration between other disciplines and project team members; acting as client contact to determine the project scope and understand their requirements; development of construction documents for the transmission line. Final deliverables will include project design criteria, plan and profile drawings, structure framing and loading drawings, assembly drawings, structure foundation drawings and construction specifications. The engineer will coordinate specific design aspects of projects, estimating construction costs, and specify materials.
What We Expect from You
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited school
- Minimum of 8 years’ engineering experience is preferred
- PE license required
- Proficiency in PLS-CADD and PLS-POLE preferred
- Previous experience working with or for a Utility is highly preferred
- Maintains positive client relationships
- Independently completes assigned tasks
- Actively manages individual workload
- Effectively assists in training and mentoring team members
- Responsible for reviewing project drawings, calculations & specifications
- Demonstrate wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Collaborate with multi-discipline team to ensure project success
- Must be analytical, self-motivated, and possess the ability to work in a team environment and a variety of situations while maintaining a positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Excellent presentation and verbal/written communications skills
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, management, clients and external agencies
- Proven experience in Microsoft Software Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access) and AutoCAD is preferred
- Proficiency in MFAD/LPILE is preferred
- Highly driven toward team success and professional growth
- Ability and drive to mentor less experienced engineers
- Must have authorization to work permanently in the US
What You Can Expect from Ulteig
For 75 years, we’ve built a culture focused on people – both our clients and our employees. We realize that a huge part of our success has relied heavily on the dedication and focus of our workforce; this is why we make investing in our employees a top priority. Being 100% employee-owned means, we take our own success and the success of our clients personally.
We offer our team members:
- Flexible Workplace
- Employee Ownership
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Collaborative Environment
- Innovative Culture
Working at Ulteig is more than a job, it means you will be making a difference. Our vision is to be among the most highly regarded engineering and technical services firms in North America. Ulteig connects people and resources to develop compelling, integrated solutions across multiple Lifeline Sectors®, including power, renewables, transportation and water. Ulteig's footprint spans the country and leverages its expertise with a wide range of public and private clients.
If you would like to be a part of a company that empowers their employees, apply today!
Ulteig is a Drug Free Workplace
ACHIEVE | GROW | COLLABORATE
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: to protect the interests of all parties, Ulteig Engineers, Inc., will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate or an approved vendor that has a written and signed agreement in place with Ulteig. Please do not contact or forward resumes to our company employees or locations. Any unsolicited resumes will be considered Ulteig property. Ulteig is not responsible for any charges or fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Are you a member?
If you work for a business that has invested in a Chamber membership, YOU are also a member and can register with special pricing for Chamber events! Not sure if your employer is a member? Search your company name in our Business Directory to find out! Here are your member login instructions.