Drafting Specialist I
The Drafting Specialist 1 will have knowledge of AutoCAD Software, construction drawings and will be able to collaborate with other team members to produce high-quality drawings and communicate specifications to the design team. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent customer service skills, detailed knowledge of company services and systems.
Essential Job Functions:
- Proficiency in AutoCad
- Transform initial rough designs into working documents
- Collaborate with designer to complete a final CAD design
- Collaborate with design team to solve design issues
- Providing support and service through excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Demonstrating excellent listening skills and the ability to ask probing questions, and understand concerns to reach a mutually beneficial resolution.
- Having a strong work ethic and be a self-starter, able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced environment.
- Regular, reliable, consistent and punctual attendance is required
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required to fulfill job function or as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures, products and services.
- Knowledge of company safety policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, CAD
- Ability to apply principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to design and production
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrate ability to communicate well with a positive & friendly manner both orally and in writing
- Demonstrate the ability to accept responsibility for and work under occasional stressful situations with frequent interruptions
- Demonstrate desire to learn new skills as technologies change
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in drafting related field and/or two (2) years of related work experience preferred but not required
Seeing: Must be able to read computer screen and various reports. 75-100%
Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with customers and business contacts. 75-100%
Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to write, type and use phone system. 75-100%
This factor measures the surroundings or physical conditions under which a job must be done and the extent to which those conditions make the job disagreeable. Consider the presence and relative amount of exposure to dust, dirt, heat, fumes, contaminants, cold, noise, vibration, wetness, etc.
Good working conditions with the absence of disagreeable conditions.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
ReadiTech EngineeringSonja Bommersbach
Are you a member?
If you work for a business that has invested in a Chamber membership, YOU are also a member and can register with special pricing for Chamber events! Not sure if your employer is a member? Search your company name in our Business Directory to find out! Here are your member login instructions.