Connect Interiors has an exciting opportunity to join our leadership team as an Operations Manager. You will be in charge of providing inspired leadership which involves making important policy and strategic decisions, as well as the development and implementation of operational policies and procedures. You will also be assisting with recruiting, when necessary, and help promote a company culture that encourages morale and performance. We are interested in finding the right, long-term team member. Prior experience understanding of operational costs and job costing is also a plus.
The Operations Manager is responsible for operational/service activities at all business locations. The Operations Manager will create and develop processes/procedures to effectively and efficiently support standard work fulfilling daily and extended project work. Work collaboratively with senior leadership, strategic partners and customers to obtain high level satisfaction metrics while delivering excellent quality service.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive, analyze and provide cost for service responses to customers
- Manage labor, facility and fleet in executing day to day fulfilment
- Oversee and manage cost, quality, delivery and safety
- Develop and manage budget to ensure compliance with organizational expenditure requirements
- Support overall direction of company and strategic efforts for profitability and growth
- Work closely with other senior leaders to develop and execute key long and short-term objectives
- Implement or assist with driving key strategic initiatives for the organization
- Apply organizational policies in the areas of customer satisfaction and employee relations
- Provide quality and on-time delivery
- Responsible for leading safety plan and driving best practices within the organization
- Responsible for all DOT requirements and paperwork to ensure compliance
- Identify staffing needs and participate in hiring process to maintain appropriate staffing levels to meet business needs
- Provide leadership for employees through effective communication, training, empowerment and recognition
- Manage performance issues effectively and in a timely manner through verbal and written communication
- Provide leadership for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships
- Focus on quality and client service. Work with the sales staff and management to resolve client concerns and complaints quickly and effectively. Lead or participate in quality improvement projects.
- Active member of Senior Leadership Team
- Leadership skills: ability to provide direction, develop and implement processes, inspire and motivate others, build consensus with large groups including cross-pyramid teams, give direction, delegate tasks, deploy resources to maximize impact in the market and nurture fresh approaches with appropriate risk taking.
- Excellent analytical and strategic problem-solving skills: highly developed understanding of company’s strategic direction and ability to interpret and communicate senior management direction. Clearly defines, gathers, analyzes and focuses on the most relevant information to solve problems
- Communicates/Collaborates Effectively: Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to tailor message across a variety of audiences. Works effectively with others to meet goals and satisfy multiple business objectives. Confronts difficult issues despite personal risk or discomfort. Earns confidence of external and internal partners as well as senior management; creates an environment of respect and trust; and demonstrates integrity.
- Demonstrates Accountability: Strong self discipline and motivation. Shows initiative, takes responsibility for work and actions, high level of integrity.
- Demostrates Courage: Appropriately challenges and debates; creates positive tension to drive success; takes risks and champions new ideas
- Bachelor’s degree or applicable relevant experience (BA or BS Degree, in a business-related field preferred.)
- Experience successfully leading employees
- Experience budgeting and knowledge of DOT and Safety requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to travel outside of the office, including occasional overnight travel.
- 3+ years of successfully leading employees
- 3+ years of budgeting, DOT, and/or Safety experience
- 3+ years of industry experience with strong focus on project management, customer relations and installation
- 5+ year experience in overseeing business operations with an emphasis in contract furniture and/or service industry
Are you a member?
If you work for a business that has invested in a Chamber membership, YOU are also a member and can register with special pricing for Chamber events! Not sure if your employer is a member? Search your company name in our Business Directory to find out! Here are your member login instructions.