Director of Quality Assurance
POSITION: Director of Quality Assurance. Relocation package available.SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday. 8:00AM - 5:00PM.SALARY: $95,500 - 106,000 DOELOCATION: West Fargo, ND – Corporate Headquarters
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBLITIESWe are looking for someone to help drive our success as an industry leader in manufacturing and fabricating steel products. TrueNorth Steel maintains the values of Safety, Integrity, Humility, Focus, Knowledge, Commitment and Confidence. Apply today to a stable workplace and join a team of industry-leading Game Changers!TrueNorth Steel offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees, which includes an excellent health/dental package, disability, life insurance, flexible spending account benefits, profit-sharing, 401(k) with company match, and paid time off.The Director of Quality Assurance will be responsible for establishing a corporate quality assurance system and team that promotes customer satisfaction and that positively impacts TrueNorth Steel. This leader will assure consistent quality of production be developing, managing, validating, and enforcing quality process and procedures. Will have an active role in continuous improvement efforts and initiatives to establish an effective Quality Management System (QMS); initiate and implement quality improvement activities as appropriate to raise the performance of the company’s product lines. Educate and train employees as to their impact in the quality management system.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBLITIES
- Develop, implement, manage, and integrate a QMS for entire Company.
- Coordinate with Site Quality personnel on all quality related issues.
- Serve as the primary quality assurance resource for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement.
- Design, implement and document procedures for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
- Collaborate with departments to establish and implement metrics (process capability, control charts, measurement quality) for monitoring system effectiveness and to enable managers to make sound product quality decisions.
- Perform root-cause analysis and other problem-solving activities to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements.
- Establish collection and analysis systems of statistical data to predict trends that will affect improvement of product quality.
- Develop quality planning methods for all product lines.
- Develop process certification standards and assist in process certification.
- Collaborate with Purchasing to monitor vendor performance and establish criteria and rating system for critical vendors.
- Work with Site Quality personnel on calibration and testing programs.
- Collaborate with Senior Management on quality issues and trends.
- Participate in internal and external quality audits.
- Budget management at the department level.
- Managing QA/QC personnel training programs.
- Collaborate with departments to standardize quality processes, procedures, and training across entire company.
- Working with interdepartmental teams at all levels of management to accomplish tasks.
- Travel as required.
- Prompt and dependable attendance.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time nationally.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- BS/BA in Engineering or Business Administration.
- 7 + years experience in QA systems implementation and management with 3 years experience of personnel management in a medium-size manufacturing environment, preferably in the steel industry.
- Experience in design/prototype manufacture.
- ISO development and management.
- Proven track record of business performance improvement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Broad knowledge of theory and principles of statistics and statistical process control.
- Experience in designing and implementing quality systems.
- Diverse knowledge of inspection and control methods, techniques, and documentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including control applications, word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Thorough understanding of general safety requirements.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Honesty/Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Initiative – Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Reliability – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
Are you a member?
If you work for a business that has invested in a Chamber membership, YOU are also a member and can register with special pricing for Chamber events! Not sure if your employer is a member? Search your company name in our Business Directory to find out! Here are your member login instructions.