Construction Coordinator - Fargo, ND
Direct all phases of construction activity. Serve as Midco’s professional representative when interacting with vendors, customers, and regulatory officials.
- Engage in Construction team efforts to maintain, expand and upgrade Midco’s regional network.
- Schedule and plan all phases of construction projects to meet established goals and deadlines.
- Monitor progress, quality, safety, and compliance for each project.
- Work with State, County, City, Townships and other entities pertaining to permit requirements and requests.
- Attend State, County, City, Township, and utility meetings.
- Obtain private easements from landowners.
- Update GPS with fiber, utility crossings, splice and storage locations.
- Create Project Summaries.
- Create Purchase Orders and Change Orders and issue to contractors.
- Ensure projects are closed timely and all excess materials have been returned to Materials Management.
- Oversee activities of outside contractors and internal staff related to various construction projects.
- Inspect work in progress and work completed for compliance and quality assurance. Complete the appropriate paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Read, comprehend, and utilize cable system maps and plans.
- Assist in preparing site surveys.
- Prepare asbuilts and update maps accurately and in a timely manner.
- Locate existing underground cable.
- Ensure all project documents are complete in their entirety, placed in PAC-Track, and kept current.
- Possess knowledge of Midco’s safety program (Target Zero), practice and enforce safety rules and procedures. Wear safety apparel which includes hard hats (where required), safety vests, OSHA approved boots, etc.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Maintain current, valid driver’s license and good to excellent driving record (DUI within the last 5 years disqualifies you for employment in this position).
- Drive Company vehicles safely, courteously, and defensively; schedule appropriate maintenance as required.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco’s privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Mentor new hires as required.
- Have and maintain up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the industry.
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, coworkers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions.
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or GED required. Some college or vocational training preferred.
- Two to three years’ construction experience in the broadband industry required.
- Working knowledge of construction, the National Electrical Code, OSHA regulations, state and local regulations and general safety standards.
- NCTI, SCTE and/or other broadband certification preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 70 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- May be required to climb poles (with proper equipment), ladders, and other structures as necessary.
- May be required to work within limited confines, such as crawl spaces, as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The Employee must be able to work in an outdoor environment year around in all weather conditions. The Employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock, radiation, and vibration.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, as business demands.
- Must be able to climb poles, ladders, and other structures with proper equipment.
- Must be able to work from elevated heights and in tight spaces such as attics and crawlspaces.
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of communications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco fiber proudly serves more than 440,000 residential and business customers in 400 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By 2025, Midco will deploy 10G, the next great leap for broadband – while also expanding its fixed wireless network to rural areas. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free Midco internet & cable TV
- Get involved: Midco supports volunteerism and community service
- Generous 401(k) match and paid time away from work programs
- And many more
Visit MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view our full EEO and federal contractor supplemental posters, please refer to Midco.com/FederalPosters.
Are you a member?
If you work for a business that has invested in a Chamber membership, YOU are also a member and can register with special pricing for Chamber events! Not sure if your employer is a member? Search your company name in our Business Directory to find out! Here are your member login instructions.