Position Summary: Under the direction of Kotapay Operations Supervisor, the Processing Specialist is responsible to process incoming client files.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties as assigned.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of products and services.
- Develop a strong client relationship in regards to communication of file information.
- Minimize operational edits to files.
- Assist with department documentation regarding procedural requirements.
- Research client issues regarding files, verification of files, transactions, and billing.
- Meet Originating Bank deadlines for receipt of files for processing to the Federal Reserve Bank.
- Relate client issues and possible updates to current software to appropriate staff.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, internal controls, and regulations.
Shift: This position requires a rotating shift. The shifts are split between 9am - 6pm and 1:30pm - 10:30pm Mon - Thu. Fridays are 9am to 6pm and every third Sunday noon to 3pm.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or equivalency. Knowledge of NACHA formats and processing standards required. Accounting skills are required.