TITLE: General Manager
PROFILE SOURCE: Director
DEPARTMENT: TNT Operations
REPORTS TO: Chief Operations Officer
TNT’s General Manager (GM) is responsible for running day-to-day operations and guiding general business strategy to support TNT’s Strategic Initiative of Sustaining Programs. The general manager will assist managers to achieve their goals and ensure that all teams and programs are performing and uphold standards of excellence. The general manager will be an advocate for all programming and the liaison to TNT’s Executive team, primarily the Chief Operations Officer.
- Manage performance of assigned staff in achieving goals, providing technical assistance in program design, development, community relations and program operations.
- Is committed to create a high-output, financially responsible, mission-driven culture.
- Desire to encourage and embrace a standard of culture and performance.
- Ability to attract, retain and develop talent.
- Willingness to be held accountable for the sustainability and overall health of the organization and facility.
- Demonstrates ability to both internally and externally build trust
- Demonstrates ability to get the best out of team; strong team-building skills
- Develop collaborative partnerships with other youth serving organizations, members, parents, families, and community organizations. Support Board Committees, as assigned.
- Seek out opportunities for expansion and growth by developing new business relationships
- Can clearly communicate the direction and key goals of TNT
- Appropriately projects the mission and vision to a wide variety of audiences
- Ability to share and connect TNT’s mission to the community
- Strong analytical skills
- Reliance on data to make key decisions
- Relies on both quantitative and qualitative metrics to assess and evaluate the organization
- Ability to conduct both short- and long-term prioritization for the organization
- Ability to create and maintain a succession plan strategy to ensure strength of the business and position stability.
General Manager is Responsible to:
- Oversee daily operations for all TNT Programs and services
- Works alongside Chief Operating Officer (COO) to create annual operating budget for TNT programs and monitors budget.
- Provide direct management and leadership to Curriculum Managers and the Program Operation Manager.
- Assist HR to ensure TNT staff are up to date and maintain their professional credentials as it relates to TNT’s policy.
- Assist in marketing and promotional strategies for TNT programs and participate in TNT’s events.
- Ensure compliance with, and assist in updating, all TNT’s published Policies & Procedures
- Ensure the overall delivery and quality of programming meets TNT’s standard
- Evaluate needs and assist COO to decide upon key investments in equipment and talent.
- Create a system to manage equipment inventory and needs
- Oversee the hiring and training for programming and customer service employees
- Assist Managers in training strategies
- Create and execute quarterly/annual growth and performance goals to meet organization’s strategic objectives
- Collaborate with external partners to enhance TNT programming and experience.
- Facilitate the planning of any new programming; from start to finish, including procedures and deadlines.
*Other duties as assigned
Required Certifications: Must be completed within the first 3 months of hire (All trainings paid by TNT)
- USA Gymnastics Recreational Coach Membership (Online)
- USA Gymnastics Background Check (Online)
- First-Aid/CPR/AED Certified (in-person or hybrid)
- CDC’s HeadsUP Concussion Training (Online)
- USA Gymnastics U100: Fundamentals of Gymnastics Instruction (Online)
- USA Gymnastics U110: SafeSport (Online)
- USA Gymnastics U301: Stewards of Children (Online)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- TNT is a fast paced environment and the successful candidate will be able to adapt quickly and be a quick study and self-reliant.
- Will require flexibility in addition to normal work schedule
Skills/Knowledge/Education Required or Work Related Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in business, management or similar field or a minimum of three-five year management experience or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Must have working knowledge in Microsoft Suite
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job
Are you a member?
If you work for a business that has invested in a Chamber membership, YOU are also a member and can register with special pricing for Chamber events! Not sure if your employer is a member? Search your company name in our Business Directory to find out! Here are your member login instructions.