• Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the Company, financial reporting, general ledger structure and internal controls.
• Apply proper accounting methods, policies and principles.
• Obtain and review property level bank reconciliations, balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statements, property budgets and forecasts from third party property managers;
• Perform and participate in daily operations of the accounting department including the following accounting functions:
• Accurately record income, expenses and changes in assets and liabilities on a monthly basis.
• Review capital expenditures for proper capitalization or expense under company policy.
• Responsible for daily coding and workflow initiation for the timely payment of all payables.
• Ensure vendor invoices and receipts/deposits are properly assigned property codes and GL accounts.
• Ensure proper lien waivers are sent out and obtained for all capital projects billed.
• Reconcile all balance sheet accounts (Examples include but not limited to Cash, RE Taxes, Insurance and Fixed Assets) and applicable schedules to balance the general ledger, post related entries, and ensure accurate reporting.
• Calculate and record appropriate depreciation and amortization of fixed assets, tenant improvements, and leasing commissions.
• Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reporting of the Company.
Additionally, this position will be responsible for other accounting projects and analysis, as needed.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree or working towards a bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
• 0-2 years of experience.
• Working knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), practices, standards, laws and regulations; and comfort with some complex accounting issues preferred.
• Strong technology skills including proficiency with Microsoft Software Applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook) and accounting solutions such as Yardi.
• Impeccable attention to detail ensuring work is completed accurately, professionally and on time.
• Desire to learn new things and share with others to help others succeed.
• Ability to work within a team to achieve group goals; is considerate and aware of others when taking action.
• Works well under pressure.
• Takes initiative to investigate and problem solve
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Seeks challenges and self-development; demonstrates high levels of expertise and shows commitment, self-confidence and integrity.
• Sets thoughtful priorities, accurately performs the work, and sees tasks through to completion.
• Experience working in a paperless environment preferred.
• Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
• Ability to travel.
• Valid Driver’s license and insurable driving record.
• Requires prolonged sitting with occasional walking, standing, bending, stooping and stretching.
The duties described above are the general nature of work performed. The foregoing description is not intended to be a complete or comprehensive list of all the duties, activities, and responsibilities required. Supervisors or managers may ask the individual to perform other duties as needed and/or required.
Management has the right to revise this position description at any time. The position description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time and for any reason.
Are you a member?
If you work for a business that has invested in a Chamber membership, YOU are also a member and can register with special pricing for Chamber events! Not sure if your employer is a member? Search your company name in our Business Directory to find out! Here are your member login instructions.