Courts Plus Accountant I
This position is responsible for maintaining the day-to-day data entry and general accounting functions, including financial transactions of member’s accounts at Courts Plus Community Fitness, in compliance with Finance Department requirements. Provides customer support regarding membership records. Provide financial reports for supervisory staff. Assists the Fargo Park District Business Office with data entry and general accounting functions as assigned. Act as liaison with vendor for the membership software. This position reports directly to the Club Manager.
Evaluation of this position is based primarily on performance of the following essential functions, which include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain billing, payment postings and accounts receivables for Courts Plus Community Fitness membership. Maintain and print membership usage statistics and other reports for special types of memberships. Post the daily point of sale usage from previous day. Maintain all payment postings and ensure that all changes to electronic funds transfer (eft) are accurate and done in a timely manner. Complete the process with the issuance of monthly statements and month-end closing procedures.
- Maintain insurance reimbursements and reconcile payments. Be knowledgeable of changes in the insurance agreements and offerings that affect membership.
- Assist staff in developing processing and maintaining statistical and analytical data.
- Maintain inventory tracking and receiving for items recorded in the software system for resale at front desk and tennis pro shop.
- Accountable for monetary activities. Verify cash received against supporting documents. Write up deposits and receipts, ensuring all monies are applied to the correct ledger accounts. Handle cash transfers. Manage overdue and collection accounts. Determine which accounts are not in compliance with District policies and take proper corrective measures. Ensure all documentation and procedures are done in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide administrative and communication support to Courts Plus Community Fitness staff as well as customers. Provide administrative support by producing, filing, retrieving correspondence and reports for supervisory employees. Create and send correspondence to customers regarding their member account status. Change and update customers addresses and billing types. Answer any customer concerns about memberships. Maintain communication between the Fargo Park District Business Office and Courts Plus Community Fitness personnel on daily activities, procedures, policies, changes, cancellations, automatic bank withdrawals and prepaids.
- Responsible to be the liaison with the membership software company. Develop comprehensive skills on system operations to aid with member online accounts, including resetting passwords, technology changes and upgrades. Provide staff with support and problem solving of membership software.
- Monitor and implement legal compliance measures. Work with supervisor to determine the types of materials, supplies, or tools to be used by employees. Control the flow and distribution of materials and supplies.
- Assists with Courts Plus accounts payable processing including entering accounts payable invoices and p-card purchases into the accounting software in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assists Fargo Park District Business Office with general accounting functions as assigned.
- Application deadline is Tuesday, June 18th EOB. Please attach your cover letter and resume to your application. These are required documents.