At Enclave Development & Construction we focus on building strategic partnerships and one of the most important relationships we have is with our team members.
WHAT WE DO:
Enclave Development & Construction is one of the largest dense living developers and builders in North Dakota. Serving as both investors and builders of the projects we create results in a unique vested interest in every projects' success. Our innovative designs, high quality craftsmanship, and ability to meet schedule & budget demands have earned us a reputation as one of the leading, fully integrated real estate investment and development firms.
Due to our continued growth and expansion into new markets, we are on the search for an Assistant Controller to join our Development team.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
An Assistant Controller is responsible for analyzing financial information and preparing financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization. This individual ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
Utilizing hands-on accounting experience and an in-depth understanding of accounting principles and company practices, an Assistant Controller performs complex accounting activities and financial analyses. Their day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Maintaining and balancing general ledger accounts for multiple entities by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions
- Preparing and analyzing monthly financial statements and reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance
- Processing and reporting fixed assets
- Assisting with treasury by monitoring daily cash accounts, short-term fund investments and future cash requirements
- Completing bank reconciliations
- Completing financial and profitability analysis
- Establishing chart of accounts and assigning entries to proper accounts
- Developing, implementing, modifying, and documenting record keeping and accounting procedures, making use of current computer technology
- Helping develop, maintain, and analyze company budgets
- Projecting future revenues and expenses for management
- Assisting Controller in coordinating and completing annual external review
- Researching tax implications and strategy for entering new markets
- Developing and maintaining process for tracking and entering company credit card expenditures
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Backup A/R and A/P as needed
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
- Minimum of five years of general accounting experience, either in a public accounting firm or in a private corporate environment
- Experience in cost accounting within the construction industry is preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills preferred
- MBA or CPA certification is a plus
- Working knowledge of Viewpoint, Sage, or related construction software is a plus
- Experience using fixed asset software is a plus
HOW WE'RE DIFFERENT:
We might be biased, but we think the culture and people at Enclave Development & Construction are pretty unique. Our company mission to create places people yearn to live, work, and play in extends to our own workspace. Our culture is fast paced and people based, and the individuals we hire are high achieving and fun loving. In addition to awesome co-workers and down to earth management, we offer eligible team members:
- 401K retirement plan with company match
- Health and dental insurance plans
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Basic Life, Voluntary Life, Short & Long Term Disability plans
- Supplemental Benefits
- Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, and more!
To learn more about our organization, check out our Facebook posts and videos at: https://www.facebook.com/pg/EnclaveDevelopment/videos/?ref=page_internal
Enclave Development & Construction is an EEO/Affirmative Action/Veteran friendly employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, gender expression/identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Are you a member?
If you work for a business that has invested in a Chamber membership, YOU are also a member and can register with special pricing for Chamber events! Not sure if your employer is a member? Search your company name in our Business Directory to find out! Here are your member login instructions.