Facing the Future Together: Energy and Ag
Date and Time
Tuesday Apr 4, 2023
8:00 AM - 9:30 AM CDT
8 a.m. | Doors open and networking
8:30 a.m. | Program begins
Eggs & Issues -
Armory Event Center | 8:00 a.m.
Peighten Watson 218.359.0525
DescriptionNew location this month: Armory Event Center in Moorhead
Agriculture and Energy are defining and essential sectors in Minnesota and North Dakota. This session of Eggs & Issues will cover the recent history and trends of ag and energy, how the sectors and associated industries advance together and depend on one another, and what lies ahead in the coming months and years. Our speakers and panelists will also be unpacking each industry, how foreign conflict has or has not affected our region, economic drivers, new and innovative efforts, and what activities and initiatives will need to launch, continue, or evolve if we are to remain a healthy and powerful region. Several fundamental factors tie ag and energy together; join us as we take a look behind the curtain and discuss how to advance and strengthen our region, and overcome emerging challenges together.
Introducing a special guest to welcome attendees and kick off the morning's discussion about agriculture and energy:
U.S. Senator John Hoeven
- Matt Herman, Sr. Director of Renewable Products Marketing, Iowa Soybean Association
- Mike Keller, President, Green Bison Soy Processing
- Monte Peterson, U.S. Soybean Industry Expert
- Panel moderated by Dr. Greg Lardy, VP of Ag Affairs, NDSU
Monte Peterson Dr. Greg Lardy
Potential topics, at a glance:
- State of the ag and energy economies
- The impact of foreign conflict
- Innovative ideas, partnerships and tech
- The past, present and future relationship between ag and energy.
- Decarbonization efforts, renewable fuel standards, biofuels
- Ag and energy convergence, common ground and goals
Livestream - $40
$40 in advance
$50 at the door
* Non-Member Registrations Must Be Paid At Time of Registration *
Bremer Bank | Concordia College | Dabbert Custom Homes
First Western Bank & Trust | Home Builders Association of FM
Moore Engineering, Inc. | MWC Advertising of Fargo Moorhead
ROERS | Ulteig | Western State Bank
Event Production Sponsor
Are you a Chamber member?
If you work for a business that has invested in a Chamber membership, that means you as an individual are also a member. Not sure if your employer is a member? Search your company name in our Business Directory to find out! Here are your member login instructions.