Why apply for a ChamberChoice Award?
Why apply for a ChamberChoice Award?
Applications are now open for the 2020 ChamberChoice Awards!
The ChamberChoice Awards recognize the best of the best when it comes to businesses in the Fargo Moorhead West Fargo area. These organizations make a significant impact, drive economic growth and help make this region a better place to work, live and do business. Winners exemplify excellence through proven growth or stability, innovation, creativity, community leadership and achievements. Categories include Small Business of the Year, Business of the Year, Not-for-Profit of the Year, Small Not-for-Profit of the Year, Entrepreneur of the Year, Young Professionals Best Place to Work, and People’s Choice. Find the full criteria and submission guidelines at fmwfchamber.com/chamberchoice-categories. In order to become a candidate for an award, you must meet the required criteria and complete the application online. Hurry; apps close February 28!
- ChamberChoice Awards allow you to tell your story and build trusted brand recognition in the community.
- Multiple categories allow both small and large companies, not-for-profits and entrepreneurs equal chances to win.
- Your work will be viewed and honored by potential clients, not just your competitors.
- Through the application process, your organization will gain a unique view of current operations, a challenge to build upon them and a dynamic opportunity for awareness.
- Winners can use the 2020 ChamberChoice winner logo to promote their organization in the community, as well as in their own marketing materials.
- Winners receive a personalized award to display in their office.
- Winners are honored on-stage and featured in a short video showcasing your story in front of an audience of more than 600 business and community leaders.
- Winners are featured on a digital billboard throughout the community.
- Winners receive a member profile article in The Bridge, which has a circulation of over 3,000 in print, and over 10,000 online.
- An award is a cost-effective way to thank your valued employees, executives and clients for their hard work and dedication.
- You, your staff and your company deserve the positive recognition and credibility associated with receiving a ChamberChoice Award.
- The time it takes to fill out the nomination form and application is miniscule when compared to the amount of publicity your company will receive as either a finalist or a winner.
Don’t just take our word for it! What past winners say about applying.
- “In business, there are very few opportunities to be honored by your group of peers and an unbiased panel, but that’s what The Chamber does. Through the Small Business award, all of the hard work and dedication to our business was recognized and celebrated. Since that time, Games Galore Party Rental has utilized the award logo on all marketing, and it never ceases to amaze me how many people will stop me on street and say congrats on the Chamber award.” – Corey Heiser, Games Galore Party Rental, 2019 Small Business of the Year
- “Our experience winning ChamberChoice 2019 Business of the Year has been such a rewarding experience. Since winning this award, the recognition we have received in the Fargo/Moorhead area has been amazing. We have not only been recognized by our community, but this award has increased brand recognition, and has given us a competitive edge in a very difficult hiring market. I would highly recommend applying for the ChamberChoice Awards. We are so grateful for our experience.” – Haylee Houkom, Power Plate Meals
- “I highly encourage all companies and non-profits to apply for the ChamberChoice Awards. The application process allowed us the opportunity to reflect on the strides and impact we have made on our local youth and your community. It was a very rewarding experience and we were so honored to be chosen. The Chamber staff did an amazing job telling our story through a professionally made video, and provided us the opportunity to speak about our non-profit in a room filled with other wonderful businesses and non-profits in our community. The exposure we have received and the marketing materials they have provided to showcase this honor were second to none.” – Sommer Lockhart, Fargo Youth Hockey Association, 2019 People’s Choice
- “My team nominated me without my knowledge and once I was asked to apply, I did for many reasons... First and foremost, I did it for my team. To give them validation of their accomplishments and gratitude for their hard work was my main objective. The exercise of filling out the application itself is fun to go through. It asks questions that help you put your mission and actions into perspective. I am so proud of my ‘second family’ at the JSE Family of Companies, and for the community to recognize them was such an honor. I got to go accept the award, but it was truly for all of them.” – Jeff Shipley, 2019 Entrepreneur of the Year
- “We use our award for recruiting, for example in the welcome address during Meet Eide Bailly Day for college recruits. It is important for retention and our focus on people development. Our young professionals are our future, and future owners of the Partnership. We are proud to include the winner’s logo in our e-mail signatures. We also want our clients to know that we treat our people well.” – Chad Flanagan, Eide Bailly, 2019 YP Best Place to Work
- “Once we discovered we had been nominated, we collectively agreed to submit our application and show others what we already knew – that we are an asset to the community, provide exceptional services and have a profound impact on the individuals we support. Upon the announcement of our award, we were overwhelmed with gratitude as well as amazed by all the well-wishers, press and expressions of support from many partners and community members. Upon receiving the award, we have been better able to expand our mission, advocacy, support, services and visibility in the community." - Scott Burtsfield, Vocational Training Center, 2019 Not-for-Profit of the Year
- “Apply for the 2020 Chamber Choice Awards! If you win, not only do you get to display a pretty sweet award in your lobby, but it also helps you stand out in the community. Since winning the Young Professionals Best Place to Work Award, Office Sign Company’s had many people reach out asking if we’re hiring, excited for the opportunity to be a part of our fun culture.” – Tiffany Hanenburg, Office Sign Company
Save the date for the luncheon Friday, May 22, from noon to 1:30 p.m. at the Delta by Marriott, to celebrate business in our community and find out who wins in each category