2019 Annual Meeting & Report
What a year! Our 2018-19 fiscal year was full of growth, successes, new efforts and a renewed focus. Because of your support and investment, we are the largest Chamber in Minnesota and North Dakota, serving over 2,100 members and representing over 109,000 employees.
This year, we launched new events, programs and initiatives, saw great successes from our membership, and continued our commitment to advocating for the important issues affecting our region and business community.
A few highlights
- We held 102 events over 365 days – that’s one every 3.5 days!
- Fueling Our Future community initiative was launched in May, with 80% of the $5 million secured
- New committees—Education and Professionals of Color—started programming and efforts
- Public policy hosted a press conference on importance of the Diversion, opposed two ND statewide measures
- Military Affairs committee hosted Joes for GIs for our first time, and helped area military with recruitment efforts, also growing our Honor Star program
- Women Connect hosted the biggest event to date with Rachel Hollis and collected over 2,500 donations to local non-profits
- YPN held the biggest yet Corporate Cup, debuted two new series, and hosted the first YP Week
- Debuted a new and enhanced website
- Enhanced membership benefits and experiences, including Chamber 101 events
Looking ahead, we have much yet to achieve in our efforts to advocate for our community. We will remain steadfast in our support of education, workforce, infrastructure to support and protect our growing metro, and serving as a business resource you can trust. We will have a focus on membership, through advanced efforts with the ambassador programs, new technology, and improved processes to streamline the membership experience, as well as a new strategic plan, and continued work on Fueling Our Future and continuing to offer great programs, training and events.
Each one of you helps make this region and this Chamber strong. We can’t thank you enough for your support and membership investment. This community is vibrant and strong, and we’ll do everything we can to deliver a membership experience that allows businesses to thrive and invites a place for professionals to connect. This will be a great journey.Thanks to all our sponsors, attendees, volunteers and members! We wouldn’t be what we are, or do what we do, without you!
Chamber Year in Review
Legacy Leader 2019: Steve Swiontek